right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

waitlisted

advertisinggaladvertisinggal 66 replies18 threads Junior Member
edited April 2011 in Princeton University
anyone get waitlisted?
edited April 2011
24 replies
Post edited by advertisinggal on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: waitlisted

• khyu777khyu777 87 replies3 threads Junior Member
    i did........ o_o
    · Reply · Share
  • RockySterlingRockySterling 54 replies9 threads Junior Member
    I got accepted into Columbia/Cornell and waitlisted by Princeton, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, and Northwestern. I don't really feel bad at this point. It's still an incredible honor to be in the upper 1/7 of the already self-selective applicant pool.
    · Reply · Share
  • mrscollegemrscollege 643 replies16 threads Member
    My D was waitlisted last year and is now a member of the class of 2014. If u love Princeton, hang in there and good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • nil desperandumnil desperandum 1850 replies98 threads Senior Member
    I got into Columbia, Cornell and UPENN, Brown rejected me
    Princeton wait listed. Hmm, I wonder if it was just a courtesy wait list, and where I am on their list.
    · Reply · Share
  • swisschocolateswisschocolate 11 replies0 threads New Member
    I got waitlisted too and Princeton is my top choice, so I'm definitely staying on the waitlist!

Accepted to: MIT, UPenn, JHU (BME program), Duke, UC Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, UC Davis
    Denied at Stanford -_-
    · Reply · Share
  • telesillatelesilla 17 replies0 threads New Member
    Waitlisted at Princeton, Harvard, and Stanford... Hahaha, come on! I'm hoping the most for Princeton to come through, however.
    · Reply · Share
  • StarsAlignedStarsAligned 435 replies29 threads Member
    Waitlisted too

To whom/where/when do we send the follow up letters?
    · Reply · Share
  • jaimeleschevauxjaimeleschevaux 116 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Telesilla - I was waitlisted at Harvard, Princeton and Georgetown. I know, it feels like some cruel joke. Aren't kids who are good enough to be waitlisted at Harvard and Princeton good enough to be accepted to another Ivy/top school?
    · Reply · Share
    You just send the letter to the Princeton Admissions office. I think the address can be found in the Common App info page.
    · Reply · Share
  • ManyMoonsManyMoons 73 replies0 threads Junior Member
    I got my waitlist letter in the mail today, sending it out to save a spot as soon as I can! Not hoping for much, but I'd love to somehow make it off.
    · Reply · Share
  • nil desperandumnil desperandum 1850 replies98 threads Senior Member
    is there any way we can find out the possiblity of making it off a Princeton waitlist?
    · Reply · Share
  • muffinishmuffinish 151 replies9 threads Junior Member
    ^Check Princeton's Common Data Sets from previous years to see how many people were offered a spot on the waitlist, how many chose to remain on the waitlist, and ultimately how many were taken off of it.
    · Reply · Share
    From today's Princetonian:

Yield growth not expected with change in admit rate - The Daily Princetonian
    This year, 1,248 students were placed on the wait list, though the University expects only around half of them to elect to remain on the list.

Last year, 164 students were taken off the wait list, and this year’s wait list pool has over 200 fewer students than last year’s.

Despite recent trends, it is still too early to predict whether the wait list will be used, Rapelye said.
    · Reply · Share
  • ShadowhunterShadowhunter 130 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted as well...let's hope we have a chance!:)
    · Reply · Share
  • silverturtlesilverturtle 12415 replies81 threads Senior Member
    I was waitlisted. I have not yet decided whether I will stay on it. I would probably pick Princeton over my other options, but the prolonged uncertainty is very undesirable.
    · Reply · Share
  • mickjaggermickjagger 949 replies99 threads Senior Member
    I think you should stay on it! You could be first in line. Who knows.
    · Reply · Share
  • RockySterlingRockySterling 54 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Is there a DOWNSIDE to accepting Princeton and Yale's waitlist offers once I accept into Columbia? Aside from losing the deposit if either one accepts me and I decide to attend there? Just the uncertainty?
    · Reply · Share
  • STMooreSTMoore 102 replies10 threads Junior Member
    Silverturtle, you strike me as a very rational person, and it would seem to be completely out of character for you to allow a short term and ultimately meaningless consideration like "discomfort" to trump the possibilty of expanding your college options in a meaningful way. I imagine some of your admissions results must be discouraging for you -- particularly after the incredible passion you have invested in the college admissions process -- but FWIW I think you should "suck it up" and see what happens. Last year, I stayed on Harvard's waitlist all the way to the bitter end (I survived 2 rounds of cuts and then got axed in the final rejection wave in late June), and, even though I ultimately failed, I would never have forgiven myself if I didn't put everything I had into seeing if I could get over the hump. Of course I was depressed for a few days, but it didn't take me long to totally reconcile myself emotionally to my second choice (Penn, which I picked over Princeton and several other schools). My first year has been great -- no regrets-- and I can go through life knowing I maximized my opportunities. Anyway, best of luck, and thanks for all of your great insights here on cc.
    · Reply · Share
    Rocky, no there is no other downside other than losing a deposit. If you hate uncertainty, send in your WL letters and forget about it.

But don't go on any waitlist unless you intend to accept a spot if offered one.
    · Reply · Share
  • rubin95rubin95 60 replies23 threads Junior Member
    my son was waitlisted last year. he was finally offered a spot in june. he was torn between princeton and dartmouth but ultimately picked princeton. he hasn't regretted that choice for a second. stay on the waitlist, dreams do come true!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity