Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Official Visits???

FrancoisVFrancoisV Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Athletic Recruits
Curious about the time period official visits are offered by coaches (early, mid, late August? Later?) and how to (hopefully) juggle multiple offers. If 5 OV's are allowed to DI/DII, must OV's wrap up in October? Or do OV's continue to take place after Nov. 1? Assuming recruit wants to apply ED to first choice, how close to the Nov. 1 can/do those OV's take place?
Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by FrancoisV on

Replies to: Official Visits???

• riverrunnerriverrunner Registered User Posts: 2,715 Senior Member
    Francois, this seems to be pretty sport dependent. What's the sport?
  • SamuraiLandsharkSamuraiLandshark Registered User Posts: 3,450 Senior Member
    I believe it does depend upon the sport. For my D's sport, she can begin any Official visits after she returns to school and is a senior in high school.

Check the NCAA site. You can Google the official visit calendar for your specific sport.
  • pathwayspathways Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
    ED deadlines vary by college (11/1 to 12/1). In at least one case my D was given possible dates for an OV in November. She opted/juggled to schedule all 4 OVs before the first ED deadline on her list.

Some coaches are just making first phone contact.....(a bit late to capture my D's attention!)
  • pathwayspathways Registered User Posts: 277 Junior Member
    oh, all must be after the 1st day of senior year ....
  • FrancoisVFrancoisV Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Thanks for your replies! Will check NCAA site for official visit calendar for sport (rowing.)
This discussion has been closed.