Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

Replies to: Who is applying EA, ED 2012-???

• pennyalexpennyalex Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    I am the mother and it is so stupid that I'm the one who's more nervous! An answer. That's all I ask--- I must say though that D1 was deferred from her ED in '08 and ended up at a school she hadn't even looked at until after the deferral.. She has loved her Uni since day 1 and feels strongly that her ED would not have been the right place for her.
  • eehlaunaeehlauna Registered User Posts: 107 Junior Member
    Has anyone checked with admission office for when the decisions are mailed? Or has someone got it already? I think it is about the date and the feeling is not very good. I am literally counting seconds.
  • sourpatchkid3sourpatchkid3 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    They are mailed 12/22 for both EA and ED. :) Can't wait!!!
    YES!! Big envelope! Couldn't stand it so I drove it to my daughter at work. She is soooo excited. Good luck everyone :D
  • 07DAD07DAD Registered User Posts: 5,169 Senior Member
    congrats pennyalex-- what state do you live in?

I am told (2006 College Confidential thread) that you can call "800 go fedex" and give them your address and they can tell you if a shipment with that address is in transit.
    We are in Missouri... and it came in the regular mail!
  • 07DAD07DAD Registered User Posts: 5,169 Senior Member
    Interesting. I have no recall whether S's acceptance was regular mail or FedEx. If they are using regular mail, there is no telling when they will arrive.
  • outdoors12outdoors12 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Congratulations to your daughter! I live in NY so I probably will not get anything in the mail until at least tomorrow. If you don't mind me asking, what was your daughter's stats?
  • 5boys5boys Registered User Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    Congrat's to your D pennyalex!!!! I'm glad that I at least know how it comes.. so I won't now be looking for a fed ex truck... our mail comes late.. so won't know anything till later today.. we live in CA.
  • sourpatchkid3sourpatchkid3 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    I had no idea the letters would be ready by now!!! Sorry for the bad information eehlauna! I'm in NJ.. definitely not hearing today but I want to so badly! Good luck to everyone else and be sure to post your results!
    I'm not sure why it came US postal rather than FedEx.. I swear I almost kissed the postman!
    Daughter is taking a gap year currently, an IB diploma grad, ACT 34, only around top 20% in class w weighted 4.42. While she has many pluses, her grades were not among them. Her passion for and commitment to her work in Africa may have made a difference. And her recs were very strong I suspect.
    5boys.. She heads to NOLS in Jan for a Wilderness EMT course and ends her spring getting her dive master and instructor's certification..(couldn't do either earlier as she won't be 18 till Jan) Sounds like some very similar interests to your son.
    Fingers are crossed for everyone ...
  • 5boys5boys Registered User Posts: 1,775 Senior Member
    pennyalex... they do sound alike.. my S is also doing the NOLS EMT wilderness class on his semester gap year. He has his ADvanced Open Water and rescue diver cert's.. He is a first responder but has also been waiting till he was 18 to do the EMT thing. That is so funny that CC attracts so many kids with the same interests. I hope it is good news for my S today.. and I wish the mail got here quicker!!!!
  • pacnwmomof2pacnwmomof2 Registered User Posts: 360 Member
    It always takes an extra day or two for our mail to get to us. I'll bet there's no news for us until Wednesday. So hard to wait!
  • kelliankellian Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    Does anyone know when EA results will be mailed?
  • outdoors12outdoors12 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    12/22 for EA I believe.
This discussion has been closed.