This isn't a case that I am facing but one that my best friend is.
Earlier this year, she had the privilege to be accepted into the awesome Brown University via ED. However, she hadn't received her financial aid package until today, and up until this point, she was quite confident that her package would be substantial enough for her to attend this Ivy. But, seeing that her FA package offered her ZEROZIPNADA dollars, her parents paid for her safety school's enrollment deposit.
Having already contacted the university, her parents were sad to hear that the Brown financial aid office could not pitch in any aid for her. However, they have already paid the enrollment deposit. My BFF still wants to attend Brown; this is her flippin' dream school, and she doesn't even care about the name. Just the environment and people and opportunities.
Anyway, what should she do?
She is wondering if it is possible to extend the decision, say, until July? She wants to see if she could work this summer/get scholarships/get MONEY in general. (Her other college isn't going to rescind her acceptance; they really want her).
tl;dr What to do when you are an ED acceptee, were denied financial aid, cannot afford the full tuition, and have a double deposit going on simultaneously?