right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

High School Class of 2013

Replies to: High School Class of 2013

• PhilovitistPhilovitist 2695 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,739 Senior Member
    No school tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day. I'm singing these words as I type them.
    · Reply · Share
  • DescuffDescuff 3985 replies46 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,031 Senior Member
    My transit delivered in less than a day. Lol

Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC
    · Reply · Share
  • 1Rachel941Rachel94 2087 replies29 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,116 Senior Member
    ^i do too. It's finally ending, but the cough is persistent and really strong. Wednesday night my throat was so sore that it hurt to talk. After that ended, everything else started:/. I should probably go to the doctors because I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis. This is what happened last time I had it.
    · Reply · Share
  • 1Rachel941Rachel94 2087 replies29 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,116 Senior Member
    Congrats Jazzii!!
    · Reply · Share
  • iluvbooks94iluvbooks94 1004 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,009 Senior Member
    So very excited for Thanksgiving! I love cooking dinner and then getting out early for Black Friday shopping.
    · Reply · Share
  • CSIHSISCSIHSIS 3248 replies165 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,413 Senior Member
    So you know how some colleges only look at CR/M on the SAT? Or at least value them more? Do they do the same for certain sections on the ACT or do they only care about comp?
    · Reply · Share
  • FutureWeathermanFutureWeatherman 437 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 446 Junior Member
    Wow, you guys got them fast... unless FSU was just really backed up on mail. It was nearly 2 weeks after I had my scores sent that they acknowledged the receipt of them...

But if PSU will be getting them fast, that's nice... sending my scores to them, Oklahoma, and Purdue tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
  • JazziiJazzii 1476 replies129 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,605 Senior Member
    All the schools I've looked at/ talked to and everything I see online says its composite score for ACT
    · Reply · Share
    I have this friend, who really wants to go OOS, (BC or BU) but her parents think it's too expensive. She's tried showing them how much more financial aid she'd get from OOS schools over in-state ones. I feel like so many parents do the same thing. They look at the original price and think that's what they're going to pay. They don't realize how generous most expensive schools are. It would cost me more to go to a CC than it would to go to an Ivy. So many people just think that they have to go where they can afford. If that were true, I wouldn't be able to go to college or I'd be stuck at a community college. Besides aid you get from FAFSA, there are so many other random scholarships out there that add up.

This logic is just something that bugs me.....
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 713 Member
    Hey guys, what are you doing for thanksgiving tomorrow? I'm running a race in the morning then going to see my grandparents/cousins. I'm already dreading both parts of it. Family situations are always really awkward.

Also, I don't know how much longer I can take this wait. I have a countdown timer on my computer with the # of days till Dec. 15th, and I feel like it's going so slowly. 24 days and 5 hours till I find out about early decision...
    · Reply · Share
  • FutureWeathermanFutureWeatherman 437 replies9 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 446 Junior Member
    Running as well! Was supposed to do a 10k, but I'm too injured to do that... just a 5k; such a slacker. Helps me escape having to do any cooking as well; no prep in the morning cuz I'm gone, then I'm too tired to help when I get back haha. A day of relaxing for me.
    · Reply · Share
    I'm going to Bush Gardens. We did thanksgiving last Sunday.
    · Reply · Share
  • thermalsthermals 47 replies7 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
    @1Rachel94

You just don't know what it's like to be in that type of financial situation so it's not your place to judge. I have a 1560/1600 on the SATs and decent grades but I'm only applying to cheap schools because I know I can't afford anything else. I don't qualify for aid anywhere because my parents make a lot of money, yet don't want to pay for college.

I'm not the only one in this type of situation. Plenty of kids are basically SOL because the financial aid system is broken and leaves no other options for kids like me outside of applying to the huge scholarship programs like Siemens.
    · Reply · Share
    St.John's just likes messing with people, lol. I just received a tiny letter from them, and then I opened it and the first word was, "Congratulations." They were just congratulating me on applying..... *sigh* disappointing
    · Reply · Share
  • MIThopeful16MIThopeful16 7390 replies149 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 7,539 Senior Member
    ^^there's always outside scholarships you can apply for. Every little bit adds up.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity