right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

High School Class of 2013

Replies to: High School Class of 2013

• PhilovitistPhilovitist 2695 replies44 threads Senior Member
    Isn't it fun talking about yourself?
    · Reply · Share
  • JazziiJazzii 1475 replies129 threads Senior Member
    @CSIHSIS

I don't understand how that means your not getting to college. It's one scholarship relax a little.
    · Reply · Share
  • DescuffDescuff 3985 replies46 threads Senior Member
    Hmm for me it is annoying. I got finals. I just learned that sat scores take weeks to deliver unless u rush it. Need everything done by December. I failed my Thanksgiving goals.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using CC
    · Reply · Share
  • 1Rachel941Rachel94 2087 replies29 threads Senior Member
    It only takes a few days to deliver. I sent mine to PSU on a Thursday and on Monday they said they had all of my materials.
    · Reply · Share
    So I basically wasted money.

· Reply · Share
  • harborcealharborceal 373 replies7 threads Member
    UC app went out last night! Woohoo! 5 schools down (4 UC and my SCEA), 13 to go! Well, anyway, only 3 more apps to do, the rest are done already.
    · Reply · Share
    I got three more apps to do as well

· Reply · Share
    OSU (my safety) app done and out.

Next is Duke and then I have to finally which other schools I'm applying to. >.<

I'll let the estimated cost of attendence decide in the end. And acceptance rate. Of course.

I also came up with this really rigorous (read as "much more rigorous than the mean) way to do people's chances. Just gotta work on the details.
    · Reply · Share
  • aomameaomame 123 replies2 threads New Member
    SAT scores take weeks to send? I sent mine on the 6th and my schools got them by the 13th.

I'm more worried about my transcript, on one of my applications it's not showing as being received. I requested them over a month ago and they were sent before my SAT scores were.

Le sigh.

Also I have the mother of all colds and a half-day of school tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
    My ACT scores arrived in 2 days. Regular delivery.

Anyway, just got accepted to Saint Rose. I called to see if they get my transcript and he said they got it yesterday and he just said "I can give you the good news right now!" lol :D

Oh ^ dw. So do I. I stayed home today, I'm feeling much better better though.
    · Reply · Share
    No school tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day. I'm singing these words as I type them.
    · Reply · Share
    My transit delivered in less than a day. Lol

· Reply · Share
    ^i do too. It's finally ending, but the cough is persistent and really strong. Wednesday night my throat was so sore that it hurt to talk. After that ended, everything else started:/. I should probably go to the doctors because I'm pretty sure I have bronchitis. This is what happened last time I had it.
    · Reply · Share
    Congrats Jazzii!!
    · Reply · Share
  • iluvbooks94iluvbooks94 1004 replies5 threads Senior Member
    So very excited for Thanksgiving! I love cooking dinner and then getting out early for Black Friday shopping.
    · Reply · Share
  • CSIHSISCSIHSIS 3248 replies165 threads Senior Member
    So you know how some colleges only look at CR/M on the SAT? Or at least value them more? Do they do the same for certain sections on the ACT or do they only care about comp?
    · Reply · Share
  • FutureWeathermanFutureWeatherman 437 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Wow, you guys got them fast... unless FSU was just really backed up on mail. It was nearly 2 weeks after I had my scores sent that they acknowledged the receipt of them...

But if PSU will be getting them fast, that's nice... sending my scores to them, Oklahoma, and Purdue tomorrow.
    · Reply · Share
    All the schools I've looked at/ talked to and everything I see online says its composite score for ACT
    · Reply · Share
    I have this friend, who really wants to go OOS, (BC or BU) but her parents think it's too expensive. She's tried showing them how much more financial aid she'd get from OOS schools over in-state ones. I feel like so many parents do the same thing. They look at the original price and think that's what they're going to pay. They don't realize how generous most expensive schools are. It would cost me more to go to a CC than it would to go to an Ivy. So many people just think that they have to go where they can afford. If that were true, I wouldn't be able to go to college or I'd be stuck at a community college. Besides aid you get from FAFSA, there are so many other random scholarships out there that add up.

This logic is just something that bugs me.....
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 threads Member
    Hey guys, what are you doing for thanksgiving tomorrow? I'm running a race in the morning then going to see my grandparents/cousins. I'm already dreading both parts of it. Family situations are always really awkward.

Also, I don't know how much longer I can take this wait. I have a countdown timer on my computer with the # of days till Dec. 15th, and I feel like it's going so slowly. 24 days and 5 hours till I find out about early decision...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity