right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Rice signature/2d drawing? What is this!!!

runnergurlrunnergurl 47 replies20 threads Junior Member
edited December 2012 in Rice University
So on the Rice supplement, it says to upload a two d image that represents you..... What is this? Like do I draw a picture?

Thanks! So confused!
edited December 2012
9 replies
Post edited by runnergurl on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Rice signature/2d drawing? What is this!!!

• crazymomstercrazymomster 1677 replies195 threads Senior Member
    I think it is the most "complicated" or complicating part of the app :-)

It can be a picture of anything! My S uploaded a drawing of something important to him.
    · Reply · Share
  • AnnafcAnnafc 112 replies10 threads Junior Member
    It can be something you made yourself or a picture you got off the internet. Really, anything goes.
    · Reply · Share
  • exuberantpeaceexuberantpeace 44 replies15 threads Junior Member
    When I uploaded my image and previewed the supplement, the actual image was not in the outlined box. Instead is was on the last page. Should I attempt to resize (again)?
    · Reply · Share
    The same thing happened to me! It was confusing. The picture was just stuck at the end of the supplement. I tried reattaching, but nothing changed. I actually just submitted it that way. Even if that is wrong, my picture should still be somewhere in the application. Good luck, exuberantpeace. Tell me if you find out anything.
    · Reply · Share
  • runallday4runallday4 597 replies116 threads Member
    I think that's just what it does. Common App isn't hi-tech enough to get the picture in the box.
    · Reply · Share
  • CollegeBound947CollegeBound947 62 replies6 threads Junior Member
    Yeah that happened for me too. I think it is just supposed to be that way
    · Reply · Share
    I'm glad to hear the same thing happened to everyone else!
    · Reply · Share
  • aribar94aribar94 63 replies7 threads Junior Member
    I believe it is just sort of a mark to distinguish your application further. Kind of unusual but also fun!

I also don't believe the image will fit the box; mine was nice and big on the last page.
    · Reply · Share
  • sophieschoicesophieschoice 11 replies1 threads New Member
    Really, don't spend too much time worrying about it. A lot of my friends just put a picture of their favorite piece of art or their favorite teacher. Just put something that you enjoy. The only recommendation I've really seen is to avoid making a rice pun.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity