right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

GW Waitlist

Replies to: GW Waitlist

• kachhankachhan 47 replies4 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    I do hope that isn't the case, since I applied to CCAS and haven't heard anything so far.
    · Reply · Share
  • rohmanoodlesrohmanoodles 9 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    When I called them they said you'd get off the waitlist if there is availability within the specific college you applied to; but in past forums I saw that you'd gain admission even if you don't get into the specific college
    · Reply · Share
    Any word yet? Shouldn't they have started making calls now? Also how do we know how they'll contact us? I presume by phone, but which phone number? I recall giving them my home and cell..
    · Reply · Share
    Haven't heard a thing
    · Reply · Share
  • schmohawkschmohawk 1131 replies10 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Hey volleyball: I guess it wasn't really a 'safety', was it?
    · Reply · Share
  • EDhelp123EDhelp123 55 replies19 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Accepted off of the waitlist!!!!!!!!
    · Reply · Share
    Congrats! When did you receive the call? Did they tell you anything else about the list?
    · Reply · Share
    ^I received an email! I cannot believe it, I am sooo happy! They didn't say anything else about the waitlist, sorry! Oh and I've been accepted to the Colombian college of arts and sciences!
    · Reply · Share
    Did you get the email just this morning?
    · Reply · Share
    Yesterday afternoon
    · Reply · Share
    Hm. Well this is just tense. I wonder how many they sent out last week.
    · Reply · Share
    I hate to say this but based on what I've heard, I think they're done with the waitlist now :/ I know they had a great turn out with people accepting their acceptances in the first place so they didn't have much room for the waitlist students :( I am not 100% sure but that's the chatter I've heard. But best of luck to you all, I know everything will work out in the end and you will all be happy :)
    · Reply · Share
    Oh darn..really? Who'd you hear this from? :(
    · Reply · Share
  • KDavs95KDavs95 252 replies12 postsRegistered User Junior Member
    Oh gee. Well they just recently said that they received my CSS form. Does that mean they're still reviewing me? I also called in on April 25th and sent them a nicely written letter with updates about how I've been doing and what I've been doing and expressing my interest. I really believe I was waitlisted because my school sent my transcript the day before decisions came out after I kept begging them to send it for ages. I just hope that I get in. This is my dream school. ;( And I hope they're not done accepting people off the waitlist :(
    · Reply · Share
    I heard it from my college counselor who said he heard it from admissions. They don't have the capacity to accept a lot of people off the waitlist and they've already done two rounds and everyone they accept off the waitlist accepts the position so I'm pretty sure they're done. Sorry.
    · Reply · Share
    Wow so why did they update my application page yesterday? Anyway, will they be sending an email or something?
    · Reply · Share
    I'm sure after the class is made they will send out emails to all the wait listed students and let them know they have not been accepted.
    · Reply · Share
    There go my dreams :(
    · Reply · Share
    There's no need to give up hope. That may or may not be true. Just keep doing what you're doing and wait patiently. Someone posted on the 18th that they were accepted (4 days ago) and on the 10th. So if they accept anyone else, I'd assume they'll be calling more people up this friday. We can't assume anything and just because someone's counselor "heard' something, doesn't mean it's exactly true. Keep hoping and if they are finished, at least you tried your hardest... :)
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity