Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

freshmen classes schedule

kv1290kv1290 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited May 2013 in Pre-Med Topics
hello everyone, i would like to ask for advice from previous student who took these courses, how my schedule is set up, and if any change necessary

Biology + lab 4 credits
Calculus 3 credits
Chem + lab 4 credits
university course (highly recommended) 1 credit
elective course of my choice 3-4 credit

just to clarify i took english college credit class offered in my high school so my advisor said i do not have any english required general ed

how hard are these courses in term of first semester freshmen year? and is there anything i should change?

Replies to: freshmen classes schedule

• WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom Registered User Posts: 9,618 Senior Member
    Start Here:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/pre-med-topics/1331981-new-pre-med-students.html

Looks like a fairly typical pre med schedule. How hard it will be for your depends on your academic preparation and work ethic.

NOTE: 2015 MCAT will require coursework in psychology and sociology. Consider choosing one of those for your elective.

RE: English credit. You will want to check your transcript when you get to college to see how the course was recorded. Transfer credit---that's fine. Course equivalent credit--that will usually work also.
    Course credit without a specific course equivalent recorded---that's going to be an issue. It likely will not be acceptable to medical schools.

Also please remember that many medical schools require 2 semesters of English or other "writing intensive" classes. (Writing intensive classes will vary by college. Consult your college catalog or pre-med office for a list of acceptable classes.)
  • kv1290kv1290 Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    thank you very much that is what i was thinking about the elective
This discussion has been closed.