Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Can I get into IUPUI as a transfer?

chrissy101chrissy101 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I want to transfer from my community college in Washington and I'd like to know my chance of being accepted into IUPUI.

I have a 2.86
40 plus credits complete including general requirements
will graduate early from highschool
many co-curricular activities
Post edited by chrissy101 on

Replies to: Can I get into IUPUI as a transfer?

• AlesteorsAlesteors Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    You said you "will" graduate early from high school... but then you say you're in CC and have 40 credits... did you already graduate early or are you taking these classes on the side or something?
  • chrissy101chrissy101 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    i've completed all my highschool courses early and i'm in a dual enrollment program at a local community college. I could easily graduate now but then i'd need to pay for my college courses.
  • ucacheer2213ucacheer2213 Registered User Posts: 103 Junior Member
    I think you have a great chance of getting in!
  • glowormgloworm Registered User Posts: 2,383 Senior Member
    Just wondering how from Washington you became interested in IUPUI. I think it has about a 95% acceptance rate.
  • chrissy101chrissy101 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    thanx ucccheer2213

@gloworm i was looking at top nursing schools and iupui i ranked pretty high. i would reach higher but my gpa is low
  • IUPUISAIUPUISA Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey chrissy101,

I understand you have questions about how many of your university credits may transfer to IUPUI.

Transferring from a non- U.S. institution: We do all of our transcript and credential evaluation in-house. So, while you can submit external credential reviews, we will do our own internal evaluation of your academic records. Our Credentials Analysts can discuss the amount or types of transfer credits you will be able to bring to IUPUI. This can only be done after you have submitted a complete application. None of your previous academic information will be looked at until all required documents are received.
    Please review our information about the transfer student application process from outside the U.S.:
    Transfer Students from a Purdue Campus : International Affairs : IUPUI

Transferring from a U.S. institution: Please consult our Credit Transfer & Articulation System (CATS), which provides incoming students an estimate of how their courses may transfer to IUPUI:
    Credit Transfer Service : Undergraduate Admissions : IUPUI
    Please note: awarding transfer credit is the final step in the admissions process, and the CATS does not guarantee how or which credits will transfer to the university.
    Please review our information about the transfer student application process from a university in the U.S.: Transfer Students from a University in the U.S. : International Affairs : IUPUI
This discussion has been closed.