Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

financial aid

boiledeggsboiledeggs Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
Hey,

So the total cost of attendance of Vanderbilt is around 63-64k/year. If I get, say, 60k/year in aid, how will Vanderbilt cover the cost of miscellaneous expenses? I know that they will cover for tuition, room/board, and books, but how are items such as travel and "personal expenses" (which vandy estimates at $2730) covered? Will vandy give you cash or put money in your checking account?

Thanks

Replies to: financial aid

• PancakedPancaked Registered User Posts: 3,355 Senior Member
    After Vandy has covered every expense that they can apply to your student account, the remaining financial aid is refunded to you by check to your campus mail box.
  • bud123bud123 Registered User Posts: 691 Member
    Or, you could say thank you to Vanderbilt for covering so much or your costs and find a way you could cover the costs of your miscellaneous expenses. I know it's a crazy thought.
  • maxsdadmaxsdad Registered User Posts: 148 Junior Member
    If you have a Work Study component in your aid package, that amount will be deducted from the total package
This discussion has been closed.