right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Third Time's the Charm?? ACT?

turney274turney274 4 replies1 threads New Member
Hey everyone!

I know this is super last minute since the deadline for the February ACT is tomorrow (oops), but I was wondering if it was worth it to take it a third time and send it in? I got a 30 each of my other two times (and they still super score to a 30). I signed up thinking it'd be a great choice to attempt a third one (maybe they'll go for determination?) but in talking with friends/college alums/guidance counselors they say it isn't necessary to do a third one.

Thoughts?? Thanks in advance!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Third Time's the Charm?? ACT?

• unobtaniumunobtanium 27 replies17 threads Junior Member
    I think a 30 is OK for Tufts
    · Reply · Share
  • tu2019tu2019 13 replies0 threads New Member
    I agree. I don't think that even a four point difference (which would be unlikely) would make a difference to your overall application. Above a certain threshold (which appears to be 30 for the ACT) I think that the rest is gravy for these kind of schools.
    · Reply · Share
  • reecie569reecie569 93 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited January 2015
    I would take it. Not that a 30 is bad at all, but if you think you could do better it could push you into Tuft's 25-75th percentiles (31-33 I believe). Just take tons of practice tests beforehand and I'm sure you could get another point or two, which can help.
    edited January 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • WCASParentWCASParent 2095 replies16 threads Senior Member
    A 30 is not a strong score in the Tufts applicant pool. If you really think you can improve by a couple of points, it might be worth it.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity