right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

He's IN!!

conmamaconmama 4083 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,381 Senior Member
Remember my freshman in the Bridge program that got caught with weed a month ago? They let him stay in the Bridge program, but we didn't know if the state Uni would let him matriculate in the spring. Well....he just got notified that he's been accepted AND he got a 3.8. This is a kid with ADD who has struggled his whole academic life....worked so hard. We are all just flying high right now! i hope he's learned his lesson and grateful for this 2nd chance.
33 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: He's IN!!

• Cardinal FangCardinal Fang 18205 replies155 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 18,360 Senior Member
    So happy for you and your son, conmama.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYMomof2NYMomof2 5723 replies303 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,026 Senior Member
    That's fantastic! I do remember this situation, and I was appalled at the time at the potential consequences. I'm thrilled to hear about the positive outcome, and the fantastic grades must just add to your joy! Thank you for updating. My mood has just been lifted.
    · Reply · Share
  • LeftofPisaLeftofPisa 1033 replies31 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,064 Senior Member
    Wonderful news! What a great example of a kid's hard work (and parental support) paying off. Wishing him continued success.
    · Reply · Share
  • haydenhayden 4360 replies55 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,415 Senior Member
    Congratulations! What a way to start the New Year - with wonderful news and a whole fresh start
    · Reply · Share
  • FallGirlFallGirl 7989 replies27 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,016 Senior Member
    So happy for you and your S , conmama!
    · Reply · Share
  • zoeydoggiezoeydoggie 626 replies29 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 655 Member
    Such good news!!!!!!!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4083 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,381 Senior Member
    @Nrdsb4 ....I didn't mean it as a deliberate pun when I wrote it, but thought oh what the heck! LOL. I'd love to ask him which one feels better...but of course I'd never ruin this moment. It's been years in the making!
    · Reply · Share
  • eyemamomeyemamom 5364 replies78 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,442 Senior Member
    Yay! I'm so happy for all of you. Congratulations to your fine young man!
    · Reply · Share
  • mcat2mcat2 5871 replies115 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,986 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    @conmama, This is a great news. Congratulations! The fruit is much sweeter because he had been working hard before he achieved it. He deserves all the credits!
    edited December 2015
    · Reply · Share
  • shellfellshellfell 3247 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,258 Senior Member
    Great news! What a nice way to start the new year.
    · Reply · Share
  • Lassie3Lassie3 198 replies17 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 215 Junior Member
    Congrats to him and to you for getting him through this!
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22780 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,069 Senior Member
    Way to begin a new year.
    · Reply · Share
  • IgloooIglooo 8051 replies205 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,256 Senior Member
    Bravo!
    · Reply · Share
  • conmamaconmama 4083 replies298 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,381 Senior Member
    Thanks guys! It's been such a happy afternoon. I've been sitting at the PC with him showing him how to choose courses, and trying to fit them all into a schedule. Unfortunately, since the Bridge students don't find out if they are in until Xmas break...many of the classes are already full...so it makes it difficult. Hard to feel too sorry for them....we had to go to the basketball fieldhouse and get cards to register..that was a nightmare.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity