right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Applying to Kings College, London

Cardinals2000Cardinals2000 28 replies18 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 46 Junior Member
I am a US student thinking of applying to Kings College, London. I read on their US applicants page that they accept either the UCAS or the US Common app. Which do you think would be better to do if I apply there?
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Applying to Kings College, London

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 6354 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,402 Senior Member
    You were a rising sophomore in July 2015, which makes you still a sophomore. You won't use either form for a year and a half. Decide then. For one thing, the answer may depend on what other schools you want to apply to.
    · Reply · Share
  • cupcakecupcake 1688 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,703 Senior Member
    The main point is you can only apply to a maximum of five courses (all at same uni or at different ones. Only one course can be at Oxbridge) through UCAS. But it is cheap. If you want more than five, it may be better to use common app for some.
    · Reply · Share
  • KitsyxoxoKitsyxoxo 208 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 211 Junior Member
    Hi I applied there this year & was accepted and I used the common app. Much easier to use than setting up a UCAS account unless you only plan to apply to schools in the UK.
    · Reply · Share
  • collegemom3717collegemom3717 6354 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 6,402 Senior Member
    ...or you plan to apply to UK unis that don't accept the common app (which is most of them)
    · Reply · Share
  • boomtingboomting 689 replies27 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 716 Member
    Either.

Please note, however, that they have specific guidelines for those applying using Common App
    - Common App is only to be used by students who will be classified as paying international fees. Therefore Home/EU fee students must use UCAS. Those who are unsure should use UCAS.
    - Common App is available for all programmes excluding Physiotherapy, Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, and Nutrition and Dietetics. Students must use UCAS to apply to these programmes.
    - Students must apply to no more than a combined total of five courses (UCAS and Common App) within the UK.
    http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/international/offices/north-america/usa/undergraduate.aspx

You will need to write a personal statement if you're applying through UCAS, which isn't a bad thing, but do be aware of the differences between a US college admissions essay and a UK personal statement.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity