right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chances to Rutgers

ckent99ckent99 22 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 26 New Member
Hey small request. New to CC. Just would like someone to evaluate my chances to Rutgers.
3.2 gpa weighted
500 community hours
4 perfect sat subject test scores
36 perfect act score
Four years of local(both lessons and for fun) club tennis
In state as well
8 honors 4 APs
14 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chances to Rutgers

• ckent99ckent99 22 replies4 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 26 New Member
    I also have varsity track as a senior, only for one year though.
    · Reply · Share
    anyone?
    · Reply · Share
    3.2 GPA weighted
    800 community hours
    4 perfect sat subject test scores
    36 perfect act score
    Four years of local(both lessons and for fun) club tennis
    In state as well
    8 honors 4 APs(AP Bio, AP Human Geo, AP Environmental and AP French) through 9-12
    1 year of varsity winter and 1 year of spring track
    · Reply · Share
  • kellymc25kellymc25 18 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    I think that you're be alright, but you really need to show Rutgers that you work hard in the classroom. Your GPA is an indicator of your performance in college. While your test scores are stellar, Rutgers may perceive this as you being a good test-taker but careless in the classroom. This may or may not be true, but try your best to raise your GPA a little bit and convey to them in some way that you are a dedicated student. You don't want them thinking you'll do poorly in college.

Best of luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • SternBusinessSternBusiness 958 replies62 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,020 Senior Member
    If you really do have a 36 ACT, your chances are very high for admission. A 3.2 is not that far below admissions standards, and your test score makes more than up for it.
    · Reply · Share
  • mamaedefamiliamamaedefamilia 3394 replies23 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,417 Senior Member
    What's your unweighted GPA?
    · Reply · Share
  • sgopal2sgopal2 3361 replies48 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,409 Senior Member
    Which college within RU?
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks to all for replies. I am thinking New Brunswick. My school doesn't do unweighted I believe not sure. What's really scary is that average gpa to get in is from 3.7-4.0 and I am nowwhere close to that. I really am a hard worker but don't think I can make it.
    · Reply · Share
    @kellymc25 Also, can I get letters of recommendation from community service - to show that I am a hard worker? I have done a lot but in a short time period.
    · Reply · Share
  • kellymc25kellymc25 18 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    @ckent99 absolutely! However, some colleges require at least one teacher recommendation. A letter from a community service advisor would work well in the "other recommenders" section if applicable.
    · Reply · Share
  • jtyats1114jtyats1114 69 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 75 Junior Member
    Gpa wise, probably bottom 20%. However, your act is really good which gives you better shot. If say you are a match at SAS. Write a killer essay though. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
    Thank you!
    · Reply · Share
    Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • Mike1999Mike1999 38 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    @ckent99 If you search up Rutgers GPA and SAT there is a site on Rutgers website that give the midranges

The GPAs on the website are weighted on a 4.5 scale

I have a thread on my page about my chances at Rutgers too! Hope to see you there! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity