I'm going to be a senior in High School this upcoming year and Baylor has been on my radar for prospective schools I want to attend, assuming I get into the school. I was wondering how most of you pay for this school. I used the estimator online and out of the $60k cost per year, $34k would be covered in grants/need-based aid and $8k in loans. That still leaves $18k uncovered and I have no idea how I would pay for it. I've looked at the scholarships I can apply to, but many of them seem far fetched. I wouldn't get into UT, and TAMU doesn't feel like it's for me. I'm planning to major in Computer Science. My Estimated Family Contribution is $0....what can I do to cover the remaining cost? Should I just abandon the idea of attending a private school?
- Hispanic, First-Generation to attend University
- 3.4 GPA, Top 25% Class Rank
- 1340(out of 1600) SAT, hoping to get +1380
- AP Scholar with Distinction
- Academic Decathlon(Top 10 Individual State Finalist)
- Varsity Tennis(All-District Team)
- Varsity Band(All-Region Runner up)