Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Things that annoyed you in college

Replies to: Things that annoyed you in college

• otoribashiotoribashi Registered User Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2016
    @shawnspencer 3) People asking for grade changes because they think they "deserved" a higher grade than they got

god, this!

i remember this dude who had gotten straight As his first semester (at a CCC, mind you) and he hadn't even taken transfer level courses yet. these were like basic, remedial level and non-transferable electives. and then the next semester he was taking a transfer level science class and was doing badly and blamed everybody but himself. it was ridiculous. he somehow thought that his A's in easy classes last semester made him an "A student" who couldn't possibly get anything else. such disgusting attitude. these people are too egotistical to even realize it's a wake up call.

i wonder if this is common at universities as well or if it's just a CC problem. i imagine all of the AP 4.5 students that went straight to 4 years might get a wake up call as well but at least they've probably confronted what it means to struggle/work hard when they were in said AP classes.
  • smallkid9smallkid9 Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    Adequate parking spaces.

figuratively, my college sells a 6:1 ratio of permits to available parking spaces.
  • blackwidow22blackwidow22 Registered User Posts: 295 Junior Member
    edited June 2016
    @otoribashi I totally agree on the club list thing. My university has listed as an active organization the Anime club and I literally made time in my school/work schedule for that club and it appears it no longer exists. This makes me so sad lol
    edited June 2016
    @preamble1776
    In a different angle, I am commuting and I go to a school that is probably about half half in commuting and dorming/in campus. I also hate the fact that many in campus/dorm students will tend to tell you how you are missing the "college experience" and make you feel bad for either not wanting to live in campus or not affording it. I just want to be like: "well, excuse me for not having parents who can pay for my college and for having to work multiple jobs to simply afford to go to the school".

This seriously annoys me. Plus, it isn't like I commute a long time it is only 15 min away from my house with a lot of traffic, it is pointless. It just makes me feel like others just expect you to be boring and have no social life when in reality we do all make our college experience!

• Waiting2exhaleWaiting2exhale Registered User Posts: 2,839 Senior Member
    @blackwidow22 : Nicely said.
  • AboutTheSameAboutTheSame Registered User Posts: 3,045 Senior Member
    Why the complaints about dormant clubs rather than making the effort to get one going again?
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 3,836 Senior Member
    8 AM (Large Lecture) sections for required gen ed's - M/W/F. ugh.
    Yep ^^. I was super excited about that club and it is sad to know that as an incoming transfer I won't be able to join it for my first year. Yes, I could reopen it but that is not something that should be done before you get a feel of the new school. Freshman typically should be enjoying and exploring different clubs and not forming them, it is about getting comfortable and settled first.
  • SpaceshipSpaceship Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    San Francisco's CSU doesn't have an active LGBT club.

Financial Aid has never once not disbursed money at least a week late.

Cops getting called to the university apartment block almost every night.

Housing staff making me stay with a toxic roommate after I'd called the cops on him twice and gotten pegged as a snitch undeserving of respect in his eyes.

Housing having no personality questionnaire or anything for roommate assignments.

Overwork negatively effecting grades not being a valid reason to take a W to drop from 16 to 12 units.

Housing move out date being the same day as finals, with no extensions given unless you were graduating.

I moved off campus before Summer semester, and my mental state saw marked improvement. As did my bank account.
  • tangentlinetangentline Registered User Posts: 1,116 Senior Member
    Borderline GPAs and algebra mistakes. 1 or 2 quiz questions are the difference if they get you an A- and you graduate less than a hundreth of a GPA point away from Summa Cum Laude. I mean professor says it doesn't make a difference when you argue for your points back but it does :/
  • preamble1776preamble1776 Registered User Posts: 4,731 Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    My department's student lounge has a flyer up for an honor society specific to my major - I was so excited only to then find out that 1) that flyer was stapled in 2006* (when I was literally in elementary school) and 2) hasn't been active since 2008, when the last cohort of inductees graduated. Honor societies seem like weird things to just let disintegrate, especially for a large major. Many smaller majors have honor societies that are very active, so it's a little frustrating, because I'd really like to have a major-specific organization where I can interact with my peers outside of the classroom.

*In my defense, the flyer doesn't really look that old... It was very well preserved apparently...
  • shawnspencershawnspencer Registered User Posts: 3,110 Senior Member
    @preamble1776 You should start one up again! A honors society, a social justice organization, and a comedy magazine at my school both rose up from the dead this year because people willing to raise it from the ashes and make it even better took the helm from the previously dead organization
  • SpaceshipSpaceship Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    Oh, here's one. Financial Aid pushing all the Summer loan disbursement dates back when they're already ridiculously late, then not telling anybody. Only found out because I noticed the change looking for something else.
  • LouisCLouisC Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Loud people during an exam.
This discussion has been closed.