right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

D1 or D2 chances?

nickrobinson11nickrobinson11 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am a sophomore in high school currently, and although it is a little early, I would like to know what level I could be at by the time colleges start to look at my class. Currently, I run a 16:53 5K (XC), 4:28 1600m, and a 9:45 3000m. I'm not sure what level of colleges would look for that level... any help?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: D1 or D2 chances?

• lubbublubbub 67 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 67 Junior Member
    Pretty good times for a Soph, I'd say you have a pretty decent chance if you continue to progress.
    · Reply · Share
  • bluewater2015bluewater2015 559 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 564 Member
    I would start by asking your high school coaches what they think. Beyond that, there are a lot of data out there for track. Some schools post recruiting standards (not absolutes, but they provide an idea). Here's an example at the link below.

http://www.goprincetontigers.com/sports/2016/6/9/208663264.aspx

Those marks are for junior and in some cases senior year, so you don't have to be there yet.

You can also look at track sites like TFRRS to see what current marks are for athletes at different universities, and sites like athletic.net show what marks current college athletes had when they were in high school.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity