Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Sending AP scores and not reporting them

intellectboyintellectboy Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
I was just wondering for colleges that receive massive number of applicant, what if an applicant sends his AP scores using free score report option available on the first test, and then doesn't report the scores on Common Application.

Replies to: Sending AP scores and not reporting them

• skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 41,074 Super Moderator
    Colleges do not require AP score reports for admissions. In most cases, the AP score report goes directly to the registrar's office for credit/placement purposes and admissions never sees it. So if you want admissions to see your scores, you should list them on the application. If you don't care, then there is no need to list them.
  • intellectboyintellectboy Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    @skieurope Will they ever get to know that I didn't plan to submit my AP Scores on my application file?
    I don't think they really care. They don't expect applicants to send an AP score report. As I said upthread, admissions in most cases never even sees the score report. Self report any/all/none of your scores; it's totally optional.
  • intellectboyintellectboy Registered User Posts: 256 Junior Member
    @skieurope Will that be a deceitful act, if admissions any how come to know in future, if I'm admitted?
    Will that be a deceitful act,
    No
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    I don't get why they don't care, though. Its a standardized test- if you've done it, I would think they would want to see it. But I agree with @skieurope - that's not the way it is. They don't seem to consider AP scores, just the fact that you took AP courses.
This discussion has been closed.