Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSD vs UCI vs UCD vs UCR

UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
Which would be a better campus for premed?

UCSD - physchology. average scholarship (50%)

UCI - biology, financial aid not available yet

UCD - biology, significant scholarship (65%)

UCR - biology honors, significant scholarship (75%)

Any input would greatly help. Thanks

Replies to: UCSD vs UCI vs UCD vs UCR

• NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 6,005 Senior Member
    they are all excellent. Med school admission is all about GPA and test scores... go where you think you will perform best.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 26,366 Forum Champion
    For Medical school, you want to keep undergrad costs at a minimum and as pointed out by @NCalRent, you will get an excellent education at any of the schools. Do you want to be a "big fish and a smaller pond" with a High GPA? Go where you can excel and be happy for the next 4 years.
  • UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @ Gumbymom @NCalRent. Thank you for the input. I did my pros and cons list, and will choose UC Davis. I was impressed with their presentation, the campus is beautiful and relaxing, and everyone was welcoming. I basically fell in love with UC Davis! If I decided to live off campus (to save on rent) would UC Davis take back some of the grant money I was initially offered? The grant money I received will cover my tuition, books, admin fees and partial housing only.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 26,366 Forum Champion
    UCD would re-evaluate your financial aid based on the cost of attendance if you lived off-campus which would be less. At least for Freshman year, stay on-campus, make some good friends/connections then move off-campus Sophomore year. Every student should experience the dorms...
  • UCs/CalstateUCs/Calstate Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    @Gumbymom ~ thank you for the information.
  • NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 6,005 Senior Member
    That's awesome! Congrats!
This discussion has been closed.