Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Amazon Prime Day, July 11

abasketabasket Registered User Posts: 16,746 Senior Member
One year ago (july 12) my life changed with the purchase of an Instapot on Prime Day. What will be this year's "gotta have it" item??? ;)

Any one get in on any of the pre-day sales? Something special you might be looking for on Prime Day? I have a busy work day July 11 so that may be good to keep me from wasting too much time looking for stuff I need/don't need.

Replies to: Amazon Prime Day, July 11

• gosmomgosmom Registered User Posts: 1,622 Senior Member
    @abasket, if you are working, https://camelcamelcamel.com/ is your friend. Monitors and alerts you to price drops for items on Amazon.....
  • silverladysilverlady Registered User Posts: 558 Member
    It starts at 9 PM eastern time on July 10th!!
  • prospect1prospect1 Registered User Posts: 1,428 Senior Member
    Sigh. I just spent an hour of a beautiful day scrolling through "right now" and "upcoming" deals. Resisting the temptation to buy stuff I don't need just because it's X% discounted...
  • CIEE83CIEE83 Registered User Posts: 539 Member
    I'm always a little suspicious of Prime Day and the like. I just looked at the Instant Pot and it's selling around $130, near where it has been for months. But very recently the price shot up to list -- I assume so they can boast of a price drop. Bought my dtr a laptop from them once right before Black Friday. I bought it a few hours before, as a matter of fact, thinking I would cancel and redo it if the price dropped. But what actually happened is the price went UP, and never came down again till after the holidays. I 'm sure there are a few loss leaders, but mostly it's a rip-off.
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner Registered User Posts: 32,746 Senior Member
    The InstaPot was a great deal last time. $69 if I recall that correctly.
  • romanigypsyeyesromanigypsyeyes Registered User Posts: 32,790 Senior Member
    I used prime day last time to buy a bunch of cleaning supplies and other small things for the house. I looked up the last few months prices to make sure things didn't shoot up in order to be "discounted"

I'll be doing the same this year I assume.
  • cobratcobrat Registered User Posts: 12,285 Senior Member
    There's a current promotion from Amazon cash in which if one deposits $20 cash, one gets an added $10 off one's next Amazon order. Good till July 31 I believe.

Well, I already have a pressure cooker, but if the sell the Instant Pot for that, I will buy it for my daughter. Her housemate has a stovetop pressure cooker-- I feel like instant pot would be safer!
  • apraxiamomapraxiamom Registered User Posts: 317 Member
    I'm thinking of school supplies and teaching supplies...and of course books!
    @BunsenBurner -- which instant pot was it? Apparently there are 4 models with current prices ranging from $79 to $159.99.
    If anyone has the prime credit card, some items give an additional 15% cash back.
  • raclutraclut Registered User Posts: 3,206 Senior Member
    I posted an instant pot on sale at kohl's for $71 in the good buys thread.
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone Registered User Posts: 14,468 Senior Member
    And $50 Master Chef version of instant pot at Home Depot.
    Oh reminder everyone! Be sure to use smile.amazon.com
    If you're going to spend money, might as well get a few cents kicked to an org of your choice. (Yes, I completely know it's only a few cents but anything is better than nothing.)