right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
2 DAYS until our "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. Ask your question NOW if you are a registered member!

High School Class of 2018

Replies to: High School Class of 2018

• writergirl0316writergirl0316 606 replies21 threads Member
    One trivia game closer to funding my college education!
    · Reply · Share
  • ski_racerski_racer 695 replies28 threads Member
    @writergirl0316 where does the money come from?
    · Reply · Share
  • MangoLover11223MangoLover11223 264 replies15 threads Junior Member
    @writergirl0316 hahaha that’s so weird I got hooked when my English teacher introduced it as an EC assignment. Hahaha haven’t won anything ~yet~ but I get so pumped before each game. Ikr? Who needs to apply for scholarships when you got HQ?
    · Reply · Share
  • frazzledazzlefrazzledazzle 834 replies10 threads Member
    I was accepted to CU Boulder for astronomy today! On top of being accepted I received the CU Boulder Chancellor's Achievement Scholarship ($25,000, which is $6,250/year) and admission to the honors program!

I was selected for the visual and performing arts scholarship at my state school today, adding an additional $3,000 to my $6,000 merit scholarship!

And I applied to the University of Michigan, which I think is my last college application! Today was a great day!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • pastelrainpastelrain 178 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @frazzledazzle That's incredible! Congrats!
    · Reply · Share
    @ski_racer I'm really not sure where the profit comes from for the prizes -- probably download and ad revenue, if I had to guess -- but they immediately send you your award via Paypal.

@MangoLover11223 My AP Econ teacher just messaged me that we need to form a smaller HQ cohort from our class because all of us together are too "undisciplined" to play with adequate seriousness haha. He is quite competitive, if you couldn't tell ;)
    · Reply · Share
  • frazzledazzlefrazzledazzle 834 replies10 threads Member
  • neptunaneptuna 429 replies21 threads Member
    Opened a letter in the mail today saying I was selected for a $60,000 ($15,000 annually) scholarship from University at Buffalo. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • julia35002julia35002 116 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Congrats!! @neptuna I love the city of Buffalo because I feel like you get a true college town experience being able to walk pretty much everywhere.
    · Reply · Share
  • julia35002julia35002 116 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Did any females apply to Simmons in the forum?
    · Reply · Share
  • collegeconfidential102030405060789collegeconfidential102030405060789 1 replies1 threads New Member
    Okay so heres my predicament. I'm 17, haven't taken SAT or ACT (scheduled to take act feb 10th but couldn't take the October sat due to an anxiety attack 8-| ) anyways, my gpa is a 3.25 I'm interested in biology and like pharmacy and optometry but am not 100% ready to commit to either. My parents are completely against me just doing biology in general because they fear I wont be able to transfer into optometry or pharmacy school. I should also add, I don't want to do retail pharmacy. The only reason I would do pharmacy is to be a pharmacy rep (which by the way if anyone has any info on pharmacy rep or transferring that'd be great). I really need advice. Its January and I've applied to one college, which hasn't even looked at my application because they need test scores, which I don't currently have. Please help!
    · Reply · Share
    @collegeconfidential102030405060789
    Woah. I’m not the best person to give advice, but you should definitely apply to other colleges that are still accepting applications for regular decision, although I think many have passed the deadline by now. Is there a reason you’ve waited so long to take the ACT? Do you have a predicted score? I say go for pharmacy, one of my friends also wants to be a pharmacist. You only live once right? Might as well do something you want to do. I don’t have any other advice other than not to worry too much and try to get as much standardized testing done and apply to more colleges outside the one.
    Good Luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • snowfairy137snowfairy137 2052 replies32 threads Senior Member
    Apply to test optional schools!
    · Reply · Share
    One thing I've learned in the college app process is how many generic spam emails I get! I never really checked that folder regularly, but do now after several real emails landed up there, including my Brown interview request and two emails from McGill's admissions office. Do they expect people to actually open these things?
    · Reply · Share
  • carmen00carmen00 297 replies13 threads Member
    So glad the semester is over! I’m not ready to start the next semester though lol. I have my USC merit decision coming up too, and I’m so nervous.
    · Reply · Share
    Anyone go to the women's march today? I went in NYC, but couldn't get into the crowd. I went to the end from the barricade and looked at all of the different signs, then met up with my APUSH teacher and her husband. A lot of good energy, but I think I might be a bit too claustrophobic for these things :-SS
    · Reply · Share
  • pastelrainpastelrain 178 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @writergirl0316 I went today in Houston...I agree. Great energy but very overwhelming. I went with a lot of friends so I was pretty comfortable, but I couldn't imagine going in NYC, that must have been crazy.
    · Reply · Share
  • PhantomlinkPhantomlink 210 replies1 threads Junior Member
    edited January 2018
    nope. I support our president.
    edited January 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • ski_racerski_racer 695 replies28 threads Member
    @pastelrain @writergirl0316 I would've gone, but I'm in Wyoming rn and there was no march in Teton County.
    @Phantomlink I recommend you check out the Women's March website. It's often incorrectly reported by other media outlets the march is about Trump. It's not.
    · Reply · Share
    @writergirl0316 yep went to the one in my state and it was ~kinda~ crowded. Really cool experience though :))
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity