right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Transfer Student Letter of Recs for Ivy-:Leagues

ishbooishboo 2 replies4 threadsRegistered User New Member
Hello,

I am applying to some private schools soon (Stanford, Yale, Tufts, Cornell, Brown, Rice University, and maybe Harvard) as a transfer student from a community college. My major is cognitive science (the study of the brain using computer science, psychology, and neuroscience). I need 2 letter of recommendations from 2 faculties and wanted to have some opinion on who I should ask?

I already have one extra letter of rec. from the President of the College and one letter of rec. from a sociology/psychology professor which will both be excellent.

I have 2 options for the last professor:
1) A librarian who is considered to be a faculty member who has worked closely with me to tackle technology and privacy issues on campus as well as create longer library hours for students. He has a PhD in research and can write me an excellent letter of rec. especially since he is a librarian after all.
2) A communications professor who I have taken 2 speech classes with and have received the highest grade in both classes. She has also attended many of my events (especially political events I have held) and can write a lot about my community service outside the class, as well as my dedication in the class.

Let me know what you all think I should do.

Thanks a bunch! :)
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Transfer Student Letter of Recs for Ivy-:Leagues

This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity