Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

First unofficial visit

2»

Replies to: First unofficial visit

• LMC9902LMC9902 Registered User Posts: 246 Junior Member
    Thanks @gointhruaphase I am happy to report back. Both the visit and prospect camp went great! We spent about 45 minutes with the assistant coach because the head coach was with a 2019 but that was fine.

The assistant coach was amazing and she gave us tons of information. My daughter had sent a CV with links to film as well as stats and upcoming tournaments ahead of time. I think she had watched the film and also told my daughter to text or email games from a recent tournament where she “showed well”. She said don’t buy film, just tell her the game and something like “I had two goals and a great redefend in the second half of X game”. So from now on we will do that.

The camp was great too and my daughter really liked all coaches but came away with two she thought were best for her style of play and preferred offensive philosophy. She was also excited to see that she was one of a small number of 2021’s but she was a strong player against 2020’s and 2019’s.

All in all a good investment and we will keep doing these smaller camps over the next two years.
2»