Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

withdrawal from previous college?

alexkoalexko Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
I'm transferring from school 1 to school 2. Do I need to give school 1 some kind of notice that I won't be coming back or do I just never sign up for classes again?

Replies to: withdrawal from previous college?

  • happy1happy1 Forum Champion Parents, Forum Champion Admissions Posts: 22,887 Forum Champion
    I would let them know -- it takes just a few minutes to write an email and it is common courtesy. Additionally, it will be clear that you are not deposited at two colleges at once.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 28,375 Senior Member
    You need to make certain that you have all of your old bills paid, and that you will not generate any new ones.
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri Registered User Posts: 7,530 Senior Member
    Contact the registrar and residential life to make sure you're not registered for any classes and that you've canceled housing and your meal plan. If you don't completely withdraw from the first college you'll be billed for those expenses.
  • OhWhatsHerNameOhWhatsHerName Registered User Posts: 816 Member
    Send an email to the registrar and/or undergraduate admissions letting them know you will not be attending their institution anymore. That’s all you need to do.
Sign In or Register to comment.