right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Organization Freak - Spreadsheet suggestions

MTVTmomMTVTmom 84 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Any input or anyone willing to share spreadsheets of what/how to organize the million dates and info needed to keep track of what is to come down the pipeline for my current junior who is about to embark on the MT adventure of applying/pre-auditions/auditions? I would hate to re-invent the wheel if there are others out there that are willing to share some ideas!
19 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Organization Freak - Spreadsheet suggestions

• MTVTmomMTVTmom 84 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artskids - Thank you for sharing your process. So appreciative of this great community resource. Makes it feel less daunting!
    · Reply · Share
  • PaperTropePaperTrope 46 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited January 2018
    Shared Google Calendar and Google Docs. Drop box has been very helpful, too. (Ha! Had to misspell Drop box because CC deleted it. Trademark?)
    edited January 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • MTmom2015MTmom2015 536 replies9 threadsRegistered User Member
    PM me... I’ll send you mine. :) They get rave reviews (if I do say so myself...).
    · Reply · Share
  • MThopeful2022MThopeful2022 203 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My spreadsheet sounds very similar to @artskids I also had dates we visited plus columns for audition scheduled date, audition completed, academically accepted, artistically accepted, scholarship/grants offered. Don’t even get me started on the color coding! Lol. And yes a shared calendar is a must! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • MTmom2017MTmom2017 523 replies2 threadsRegistered User Member
    @MTmom2015 if I'd known that, I'd have let you do ours... ^:)^
    · Reply · Share
  • artskidsartskids 1527 replies22 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @PaperTrope. Yes. The service ended up bleeped out in my post!!
    · Reply · Share
  • BoilermomBoilermom 199 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Definetly recommend using google calendar and google sheets so that both you and student can view and edit in real time.
    We have one with following tabs: a list of all colleges we looked into/initial list; short list (of about 20); audition dates; prescreen requirements; audition requirements;list of SAT/ACT requirements; items for audition day

On our initial list and short list tabs we have columns for School, city/state(organized list by this column and found it made things easier when planning visits to know which were near each other), columns for MT, D& T, Acting and how many accepted in to programs if available, size of school (ie; 5,000 or 40,000), allow dual degree, non audition, BA/BFA, audition yes/no, academic adm. acceptance rate, auditon types available(ie; onsite,unified, other), prescreen, app fee, common app/coalition/other, app deadline, audition fee, notes

On the audition requirements tab we have columns for monologue requirements, song requirements, dance(whether or not there is a dance req.), music theory, accompaniment (supplied or not), then a note column for any special requirements ( ie; one school says you can use hand props for monologue, another school has specific intro. requirements, etc)

· Reply · Share
  • carriemc95carriemc95 170 replies15 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @MTmom2015 - I tried to send you a PM regarding your spreadsheet, but I guess I haven't posted enough to be able to send any PMs. Can I get a copy of your spreadsheet? I have spent a good amount of time today trying to create one, and I don't love it. It seems jumbled and not sure if it would help or confuse at this point. Ha!
    · Reply · Share
  • PaperTropePaperTrope 46 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    We added a column at the end called "Why I like this school." They all get jumbled in the mind quickly.
    · Reply · Share
  • dramamama3dramamama3 62 replies20 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @MTmom2015 I tried to send a pm to you to request a copy of your spreadsheet but I don't think it worked .
    · Reply · Share
  • MomofMTBoyMomofMTBoy 186 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    We also added a column on what was requested from the guidance office at school since they were often a source of delay
    · Reply · Share
  • mcguirkkmcguirkk 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Would love to see a spread sheet. A little overwhelmed here
    · Reply · Share
  • mcguirkkmcguirkk 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Would you send me your spreadsheets for MT major? I am so overwhelmed! Thank you
    · Reply · Share
  • momoftheaternerdmomoftheaternerd 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Does anyone mind sharing a copy of their spreadsheet with me? I have a daughter who is a junior and we are beginning to try to get things organized. I'm not sure where to start.
    · Reply · Share
  • creeksidecreekside 16 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    All of these ideas are great!
    · Reply · Share
  • TheaterMomOyTheaterMomOy 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hi. Would you mind sharing your spreadsheet?
    · Reply · Share
  • camtmamacamtmama 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    I would love to see the spreadsheet as well. I too am so overwhelmed. I am new to the forum, so I am not sure if I can PM yet?
    · Reply · Share