right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

On-Campus Interview Dress Code

s9841210s9841210 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this discussion... I have an on-campus interview in a few days, what should I wear? I am a female and it's pretty cold in DC (where my interview is), I don't know how formal I should dress.
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: On-Campus Interview Dress Code

• janjmomjanjmom 357 replies10 threads Member
    edited November 2018
    You don’t need to dress up for a college interview. (You should be in business attire for a graduate business school or law school interview.). Since it will be cold, pants and a sweater are fine. No ripped jeans or inappropriate slogans on sweatshirts, etc...nothing that would make a conservative grandparent blush!
    edited November 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • s9841210s9841210 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Thank you so much!
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 23820 replies2383 threads Super Moderator
    Business casual is a good standard for college interview dress. Always be neat and clean. Never wear anything that can be viewed as controversial (ex. a tee shirt with a potentially offensive slogan).

FWIW in the cold weather my D wore black pants, nice black boots, and a nice blouse or sweater.
    · Reply · Share
  • s9841210s9841210 35 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @happy1 thank you! Your description of your daughter's outfit was very helpful!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity