Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What are all the schools with inquiry packets?

2»

Replies to: What are all the schools with inquiry packets?

• CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 877 Member
    St. Paul's packet is quite nice! It came in a little plaid like... cover thing, if that makes sense? Lots of good info, too.
  • homeschooltoprephomeschooltoprep Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2018
    Thank you for your prompt reply @Golfgr8 and I apologize for the delay in mine; I have to admit since I won't be applying this admissions cycle I've been very lazy about filling out inquiry forms but I absolutely will report back on any and all information packets of note.
  • swparentingswparenting Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @homeschooltoprep Our family has requested info packets (about one a week) from a large handful of schools we're interested in. They all go in a large basket in the dining room, and we pick them up from time to time to discuss observations, themes and the "vibe" that we each pick up from what the packet chooses to highlight or the language they use. In an age of digital, we were surprised at the value of having printed materials to browse through. Good luck!
  • vwlizardvwlizard Registered User Posts: 288 Junior Member
    @homeschooltoprep - In our house, they started on the coffee table and then moved to the bathroom as it came time for DS to look at them on his own🤣
    edited January 4
    @swparenting I'm sorry for my late reply, I hadn't logged onto CC for awhile due to being away on a trip. I think yours is a great strategy for going through and really absorbing the information in the packets! Especially when considering how dense they can be, and rightly so. I too agree that despite the fact that most of what is sent out could probably easily be e-mailed instead, I know Andover’s catalog is available online, there’s something about getting a big envelope in the mail from a school that can’t be replicated in a pdf. Thank you and good luck to your family as well!
    @vwlizard that's a very funny story! 😄 In my case they made a similar migration, except their final resting place is now my closet where I keep them on the top shelf so my little brother can't use them as a canvas for his art 😀 He is a huge fan of the Porter's packet however, asking to see it whenever he's bored because of its novel design @Golfgr8
  • cmbyn02cmbyn02 Registered User Posts: 77 Junior Member
    @homeschooltoprep @vwlizard mine are scattered around the house. Some have migrated to my brothers room, the bathroom, the kitchen, and I even found one in the garage :)
2»