right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

Replies to: Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

• testingacct54321testingacct54321 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    sign that we got it :))))
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39293 replies7027 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    I just joined so not sure if this against the rules,
    You can set up a chat, but you can't post a link, and you can't ask users to PM you for the info
    so the message got flagged when i tried to send the link
    See above
    · Reply · Share
  • shweakshmoodshweakshmood 1 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    pm me if you wanna join the group! (: ill share the link with you.
    · Reply · Share
  • skieuropeskieurope 39293 replies7027 threadsSuper Moderator Super Moderator
    MODERATOR'S NOTE:
    pm me if you wanna join the group! (: ill share the link with you.
    See my earlier post.
    · Reply · Share
  • maxfu2001maxfu2001 20 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Is it the same for everyone how Vid Portfolio and Graded Paper portions disappeared?
    · Reply · Share
  • tcrf15tcrf15 48 replies7 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Something changed, not quite sure what however.
    · Reply · Share
  • FutureIvyStudentFutureIvyStudent 5 replies1 threadsRegistered User New Member
    yup my graded paper thing is gone.
    · Reply · Share
  • apmaster10apmaster10 94 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    My graded paper is gone as well.
    · Reply · Share
  • mockingbird478mockingbird478 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    My graded paper is gone, but my supplement is still there?
    · Reply · Share
  • mockingbird478mockingbird478 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    and good luck everyone! :) these past few months have been stressful, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it!
    · Reply · Share
  • SohyaSonSohyaSon 17 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Guys - I just realized that tomorrow, December 13, is the same day as the birthday of the Yongzheng Emperor in 1722.
    · Reply · Share
    It also happens to be the day that Dartmouth was founded, which was in 1769.
    · Reply · Share
    So what's your guys biggest hook?
    As part of my research, I ran an experiment evaluating the impact of culture on LP development. In the local science competition, I got 1st place, as well as 20 of my competitors who came in 1st place.
    · Reply · Share
  • worldofwonder14worldofwonder14 36 replies19 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    768 accepted students out of 4,200 applications is roughly an 18% acceptance rate. Not too bad considering the 21% spike in applicants this year.
    · Reply · Share
  • TheBigChefTheBigChef 562 replies5 threadsRegistered User Member
    "Additionally, 44 percent are students of color, defined as those who self-identify as African American, Latinx, Native American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander or Asian."

Any guesses as to whether that 44% figure includes Asians who are do not qualify for URM status (i.e. Chinese Americans, Korean Americans, Indian Americans etc ...)?
    · Reply · Share
  • oRcHiD4oRcHiD4 89 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Hey guys, I'm from the Harvard SCEA 2023 Forum!

Since both of our early decisions come out on the same day, I thought I'd share a post I made a few days ago::

Just in case Dec. 13 doesn't bode well for me, I can still get on with my life bc that's also Taylor Swift's birthday & I mean I can rock out to some iconic bops 'cause Harvard & I will probably never, ever get back together.

Like, ever.

('til medical school. Or graduate school.)

But I think we can all SHAKE IT OFF because we know ALL TOO WELL how DELICATE of a situation EAing to Harvard is. Even if we don't get accepted, we just won't go BACK TO DECEMBER and instead be FEARLESS and think about THE LUCKY ONE college that you will grace with your presence next fall. No matter where you are, it'll feel like EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED and you'll get to BEGIN AGAIN regardless of whether or not you're wearing RED -- er, Crimson. As for our current STATE OF GRACE, our current idea of "College Life" won't last FOREVER AND ALWAYS; we must be open to CHANGE.

I can't help but feel like I DID SOMETHING BAD here. :))

______

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk! ;)
    · Reply · Share
  • Trixy34Trixy34 1181 replies6 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @TheBigChef - I would say that yes, it includes Asian students.
    · Reply · Share
    I'll take spokesman for this.

"Nearly 12 percent of accepted students represent the first generation in their family to attend college. Additionally, 44 percent are students of color, defined as those who self-identify as African American, Latinx, Native American, Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander or ***ASIAN***."

Asian = Asian. So yes, it includes the Asian people.
    · Reply · Share
  • testingacct54321testingacct54321 28 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    tomorrow at 3 guys. i dont understand why acceptance rate from last year goes down when the applicants increase.

do you guys know if i will have an ok shot. i have mediocre grades 3.85 uw gpa and a 1550 sat. my ecs are really strong tho.
    · Reply · Share