Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

Replies to: Brown Class of 2023 Applicants Discussion

• testingacct54321testingacct54321 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
  • marinebioslomarinebioslo Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    I feel for all of you students! Good luck to all of you! I like the bear legend - might try it for my D.
  • iswearimnotanerdiswearimnotanerd Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone, I’m also an ED applicant and I just wanted to say good luck to everyone!! Remember that if whether or not we get in, we’re still valuable people and we’ll get in to some school that we are fitted for. :)
  • undergrad2023undergrad2023 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Don't know how I'm going to be able to focus at school today... I barely slept last night and am freaking out
  • worldofwonder14worldofwonder14 Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    @undergrad2023 Same! I haven't been able to focus during school all week to be honest
  • inquirer8612inquirer8612 Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    ): today is the day! I can’t believe it..
  • bioastronAJbioastronAJ Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I don’t think I have ever been this nervous for anything in my life. I’ve just been constantly checking the portal on the off chance that my decision is waiting for me 😔
  • iiMimiciiMimic Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    Who's ready?!
  • hellothere68hellothere68 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi everyone!
    I applied to Brown for ED, but I didn't submit the graded paper because the website said Brown 'encourages,' not 'requires.' However, reading the forum, I realized that many of the applicants submitted the graded paper...
    Would this affect my decision???

I'm worried..
    @hellothere68

If you have an otherwise strong profile that wouldn't need a supplement it likely won't affect your chances. Don't stress too much about it!
  • redcloud17redcloud17 Registered User Posts: 113 Junior Member
    No point worrying about it now @hellothere68 :)

GUYS! Just take a deep breath. Whatever happens, happens. Worrying about it won't change anything – in fact, doing badly in school MIGHT change things, so focus on school! Trust me: one of my good friends has been worrying about college ED decisions for the past three days, which means he hasn't been studying as well as he should have for our exams.
    You will be fine.
    This is not the end of the world.
    You WILL get into college. You will get into an AWESOME college. You will be SO HAPPY in your future, because if you're applying to a place like Brown, you already have the credentials and confidence for great schools, even if they're not the ABSOLUTE BEST.
    Take a deep breath.
    @undergrad2023 @worldofwonder14

Don't stress yourselves out too much! The decision has been made, and the anxiety will only make it worse. I know it's not that easy to control but try to forget about it and distract yourself and 6:00 will come faster.
    Everyone here and that applied is wonderful and intelligent and just know its not about you. They just had too many wonderful people to choose from and some got lucky! I hope for good news from everyone but if not keep in mind that it's not personal and you are going to go to an amazing school anyways.
  • crueeecrueee Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    I had all of my midterms this week so I hope I get some good news from Brown to supplement the utter struggle I had taking those exams.
  • iwannacryiwannacry Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    did anyone see that their supplement upload box disappeared before today?