Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Anyone Still receiving marketing Mailers from boarding schools?

WildCat2023WildCat2023 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
This is certainly wishful thinking on my part - especially with application submission dates having passed. DS just received a “Meet The Community That Will Help Your Child Thrive” piece. I know boarding school recruitment is much different from day school - so we don’t know what to expect.

Replies to: Anyone Still receiving marketing Mailers from boarding schools?

• CavsFan2003CavsFan2003 Registered User Posts: 870 Member
    I got that today too, from Andover? lol
  • MaylaSunshineMaylaSunshine Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    Me three:) I had the same wishful thought, but I'm pretty sure everyone gets it!
  • WildCat2023WildCat2023 Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
  • Stillwater0808Stillwater0808 Registered User Posts: 19 Junior Member
    No, we haven't seen those for a while.
  • busymommyof4busymommyof4 Registered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    Yes, we got one from our favorite school last week. I was hoping it was a hint, but probably not. :(
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 Registered User Posts: 847 Member
    Last year, we received Valentines from a couple of schools signed by students. Also, we did receive marketing materials from schools that we never even inquired about - through May. I think some schools may have bought a list. We also received mail from L’Ville summer program, but never even inquired @ the school.
  • CTMom21CTMom21 Registered User Posts: 355 Member
    We’re still receiving stuff for my son who’s a sophomore and applied 2 years ago.
  • ChoatieMomChoatieMom Registered User Posts: 5,141 Senior Member
    edited February 12
    We're still receiving mailers from two colleges our son did not attend (and he graduates this year). And he even got a nomination to a service academy he didn't apply to. It never stops. Read NOTHING into these things. There are no subtle signals, hidden messages, signs, omens, portents, predictions, symbols, or ANYthing to deduce from the automated, irrational marketing machine. (I don't know why they think I need something enlarged I don't even have.) Names get on lists much more easily than they can be removed. That's why God invented the wastebasket.