Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Harvard Class of 2023 RD

Replies to: Harvard Class of 2023 RD

• overzealouskid13overzealouskid13 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Accepted to Stanford EA. Applied to one state school, Princeton, and Harvard RD. Does anyone know when likely letters come out?
  • kimtaehyungkimtaehyung Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    Does Harvard do likely letters? I was under the impression that they were just for athletes applying SCEA.
  • skieuropeskieurope Super Moderator Posts: 42,153 Super Moderator
    Does Harvard do likely letters?
    Yes, for RD about 100 non-athletic recruits receive likely letters. Which means that the vast majority of accepted applicants will not receive a LL, so don't sit around refreshing your email.
  • lettealettea Registered User Posts: 21 Junior Member
    @kimtaehyung, based on history, Harvard likely letters should go out in the portals this Friday 2/15
  • HunchoGuwop201HunchoGuwop201 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    So far got admitted EA to Fordham, Villanova, Boston College... Additionally RDed to Georgetown, Michigan, Northwestern, Notre Dame
  • nerdmdnerdmd Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    edited February 13
    No one has yet contacted for an interview, but everyone in my school has already had theirs, the anticipation is killing me LOL, but whatever is meant to be will happen. Should I contact admissions?
    Interviewed for Princeton and Tufts
    Waiting for Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, and Cornell
  • gibbygibby Registered User Posts: 10,716 Senior Member
    edited February 13
    @nerdmd: FWIW: The Admissions Offices at Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Columbia, and Cornell do NOT schedule or set up interviews. Instead, they pass the applicant's contact information on to the local alumni chapter and they let the local assign an interviewer and schedule an interview. So, contacting Admissions Offices will not actually result in receiving an interview; you'll just become a pest. You have to sit tight and wait.
  • apmaster10apmaster10 Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Interviewed for Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Dartmouth, Brown, Bowdoin, Bates, and Middlebury
    Waiting to Hear from Stanford and Vassar
    Informed by Colby that there are no alumni interviewers in my area
  • Ralu10Ralu10 Registered User Posts: 27 Junior Member
    Hello all! I have a question. I applied RD to Harvard. I moved, but I changed my address on the portal today. Someone from my last address told me I got a mail from Harvard. Any clue what that could be? I’m sure the decisions can’t come this month so I have no idea. I’m kinda nervous until I go get my mail.
    Any clue what that could be?
    Nothing critical
  • bbq5uebbq5ue Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    @Ralu10 @skieurope could it be likely letter
    @Ralu10 @skieurope could it be likely letter
    Unless things have changed, LLs are sent electronically.
  • bbq5uebbq5ue Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    Any one get likely letters? Congrats to anyone who does in the upcoming days!
  • yagayeet123yagayeet123 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    What time are the likely letters uploaded to the online portals? Are they confirmed to come out today?
    they confirmed to come out today?
    They do not confirm anything. People only assume based on history that they will start to come out today.They'll be sent when they are sent. And to reiterate, with only ~100 LL going out this round, the vast majority of accepted applicants will not get one.