Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2019 - 3.0 to 3.4 GPA

• natty1988natty1988 Registered User Posts: 235 Junior Member
    Sorry about all the exclamation marks...
  • momzilla2Dmomzilla2D Registered User Posts: 338 Member
    @natty1988 Congratulations to your son!!! And no need to apologize for excessive exclamation marks! We all understand!!!
  • JBSeattleJBSeattle Registered User Posts: 945 Member
    @natty1988
    Congrats! Western WA is an option for my daughter as well. It is certainly a great value for us since we are in state. It also is a beautiful campus (if you haven’t had the chance to visit).
  • mountainmomof3mountainmomof3 Registered User Posts: 563 Member
    Love all of the exclamation marks! @momzilla2D and @natty1988 - congratulations!
  • 50501005050100 Registered User Posts: 289 Junior Member
    Exclamation marks are ok!! Congratulations! @natty1988
  • me29034me29034 Registered User Posts: 1,668 Senior Member
    @Nhatrang I think you posted to the wrong thread. This thread is for parents of kids with GPAs 3.0- 3.4. I think this translates into the mid 80's using the 100 point scale you mentioned. No one here is applying the anything like Ivies and probably UMich is even out of reach for this group. Most here also don't have anything near the number of APs you mentioned.
  • natty1988natty1988 Registered User Posts: 235 Junior Member
    Thanks everyone! We're really happy! And congrats to everyone else on the acceptances! Looking forward to hearing about more!
  • NhatrangNhatrang Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Oops sorry guys, carry on.
  • dfbdfbdfbdfb Registered User Posts: 3,775 Senior Member
    @Nhatrang, no worries—it can get confusing.
  • mom2twogirlsmom2twogirls Registered User Posts: 2,075 Senior Member
    @Nhatrang
    This one https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/class-20xx-community/1732893-parents-of-the-hs-class-of-2019.html#latest
    Might work better for you!

To answer what I think you are asking, colleges aren’t going to directly compare your dd’s grades to those where kids are graded on a different scale. They really can’t. Some schools grade on a 100 pt scale. Some grade with 90-100 being an A. At some 93-100 is an A, etc. Don’t worry about that part. You guidance counselor should be telling the colleges (as part of their report or the profile sent) what kind of scale yours grades on.

If it helps at all for fun though, you can plug the grades from every year into raise.me and they will give you what they consider the unweighted grade will be on a 4.0 scale.
  • TwinMom2023TwinMom2023 Registered User Posts: 424 Member
    @natty1988 Congratulations

@JBSeattle nice. It is always refreshing to hear of institutions having it together. There are so many moving parts, I suppose it is a challenge to organize student overnights and class visit. Well done Ohio Wesleyan.
  • mom2twogirlsmom2twogirls Registered User Posts: 2,075 Senior Member
    Great news @Britmom5 !!!