right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Need Help with MOG Dress (September)

NEPatsGirlNEPatsGirl 2845 replies106 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
I detest shopping, online or otherwise, but find myself needing a MOG dress, yeah! I've spent countless hours online and IRL visited The Rack, Macys, and a few consignment stores in hopes of finding something earlier rather than later. No luck. Adrienne Papell fits me well (12P now, hopefully 10P by May) but I found their floor length dresses with sequins VERY heavy.

I've asked my soon to be DIL what her mother is wearing and what she'd like me to wear. I can't get a straight answer. I got "my mother hasn't decided but it won't make a difference" and "I'm happy with whatever you choose but please don't wear Navy or Cranberry/Wine, those are the wedding colors". Ok, so that's easy, well, except those are usually my go-to colors.

The wedding is oceanfront late September, girls are wearing long dresses, guys nice navy tuxes. Fairly upscale golf club. After trying on several long dresses I think I'd prefer mid-length or knee-length. For reference, I'm 5'1 and late 50s. Funny how all the online MOG/MOB dresses are modeled by women in their early-mid 30s from what I can tell lol, all size 2s with model bodies.

So, anyone out there want to take a shot at shopping for me? I was reading another thread this morning and it would seem others like to do this, at least a lot more than I do. So, looking for an appropriate dress, 10P-12P (IRL, apparently this can mean a 16W in some brands?) under $250. I have to be able to return it if it doesn't fit too.

Here's one that I'm looking at. Although its a petite, I know that it'll be a bit longer. Not sure that its formal enough for MOG?

https://www.dillards.com/p/alex-marie-gianella-dress-sandals/506866405?di=04906406_zi_dune

https://www.dillards.com/p/adrianna-papell-petite-floral-beaded-dress/507742291?categoryId=-10041
188 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Need Help with MOG Dress (September)