right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2023

artandtechmomartandtechmom 81 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
Hi all.

Since nobody has started this thread, thought I’d get the party going.
Below are the categories from prior years and a link to last year's thread:

https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/musical-theater-major/2059578-final-mt-decisions-background-class-of-2022-p1.html

Programs Applied to:

Prescreens:

Accepted to:

Rejected from:

Wait-listed at:

Coach:

Summer Programs:

Background
Final Decision
591 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Final MT Decisions Background - Class of 2023

• MTSongbirdMomMTSongbirdMom 160 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom Thanks for starting this and Congratulations on JMU and having a decision!
    · Reply · Share
  • artandtechmomartandtechmom 81 replies4 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Thank you @MTSongbirdMom. Holding hope and light for you and your D.
    · Reply · Share
  • MTMusicmanmomMTMusicmanmom 5 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @artandtechmom Yes, thank you for sharing. It's a lovely story and CONGRATS on the JMU decision! Sounds like she has found a great place and here's to hoping our paths will cross again someday! Best of luck to your D!
    · Reply · Share
  • azmtmom13azmtmom13 70 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom This made me tear up--This process is having this effect on me! I think we maybe met your family at Florida Southern. Was your D there with her dad?
    · Reply · Share
    @MTMusicmanmom, thanks so much! @azmtmom13 thank you! My D auditioned at FSC in December. And yes, her dad took her, so perhaps you met then?
    · Reply · Share
  • JavaJoJavaJo 138 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Congratulations @artandtechmom !! Sounds like a perfect fit!
    I love these final decision stories!! Can’t wait to read the rest of them for Class of 2023! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • carriemc95carriemc95 170 replies15 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom Congrats on having a decision! My daughter applied RD, so we haven't gotten a decision back from JMU, but it was one of her favorite dance calls! I personally loved the school, and if she goes the BA route (what is out of the question at this point, right?) it would be her front runner!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYKarenNYKaren 194 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom, Congratulations to your daughter and to your family and having made a decision!! My son seriously considered Florida Southern as well and were there in December. Perhaps we sat in the conference room together on 12/1. It sounds like your daughter has found her perfect fit!
    · Reply · Share
    @carriemc95, thank you! If you end up chosing JMU, let me know. Would love to connect. I was surprised by my D's final decision as well, but removing that "f" for her gave her the "f-lexibility" she wanted in a program :)
    · Reply · Share
    @NYKaren, thanks so much! And congrats on your decision as well. Yes, FSC is such a wonderful school. I'm sure our kiddos met. I wasn't there, but my D said the whole group really bonded.
    · Reply · Share
  • actorparent1actorparent1 759 replies6 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congratulations, @artsandtechmom! I love the way you wrote out the journey and thought process, what she was looking for and why this school fit. Wonderful story with a happy ending!!! Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYYFanNowMTdadNYYFanNowMTdad 235 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom congrats, thanks for starting the thread, i am counting the days till i can post for 2024 lol(which probably means ill be "jinxing" myself now into a gap year and be watching till clas of 2025....)
    · Reply · Share
  • actorparent1actorparent1 759 replies6 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congratulations, @NYKaren! So happy he found his perfect fit!
    · Reply · Share
  • boola boolaboola boola 224 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @artandtechmom @NYKaren Congratulations to both of you and to your kids. They both sound wise beyond their years, and were able to make hard decisions look relatively easy. I must say that I am jealous, as we sit here and try to figure everything out. But I know we will eventually get there, and one day I hope to write our story as well as the two of you have. Here’s wishing you and your kids many days and years filled with music, dancing, and laughter. All the best!
    · Reply · Share
    @NYKaren, so happy for you and your S. What a great journey and lucky he found what he wanted so soon in the process :).
    · Reply · Share
  • lithpoollithpool 411 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
    @artandtechmom Congratulations! So glad your D found he fit! It sounds great. Thank you for sharing!!
    · Reply · Share
  • lithpoollithpool 411 replies14 threadsRegistered User Member
    Congratulations @NYKaren! Sounds like another fit! Hooray! I love this thread!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYKarenNYKaren 194 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Thank you everyone! Doing my research on these MT Boards leading up to senior year was such a huge advantage! Couldn't have done this without all of you and those that went before. I cant wait to read more of these stories for the Class of 2023!!! Your kids will all land somewhere amazingand perfect for them! Its not about the name of the school. It's about the training and the fit. Their perseverance, dedication to the craft and drive to succeed will be what leads to their success. These kids are amazing, resillient and inspiring!! I'll be following everyone's last leg on this journey!
    · Reply · Share