right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Converting my A-level and IGCSE grades to a GPA scale?

DeetrixDeetrix 2 replies4 threads New Member
I’m an international student from the UK who’s done IGCSEs, AS and am currently in year 13 (12th grade) finishing up with A2. Here are my grades:-

Old IGCSE:-
Maths, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, English literature: A*
English language, Economics, German: A
History: B

AS:-

Maths, further maths, physics: A
Chemistry: B

A2 predicted grades:-

Maths, further maths, physics: A* (dropped chemistry)

No idea what my GPA would be and would love some help because online sources haven’t been very useful as I have no idea if my grades are anywhere near competitive for some of the top American schools?
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Converting my A-level and IGCSE grades to a GPA scale?

• skieuropeskieurope 41089 replies7734 threads Super Moderator
    I have no idea if my grades are anywhere near competitive for some of the top American schools?
    You have no idea if your A* and A grades are competitive? Yes.They are more than competitive.
    · Reply · Share
  • b@r!um[email protected]!um 10276 replies175 threads Senior Member
    I have no idea if my grades are anywhere near competitive for some of the top American schools?
    Yes, your grades are competitive, but they are only a small portion of the admissions picture at very selective universities. American universities will also be considering your extra-curricular engagement (e.g. sports, academic competitions, community service), your financial resources, letters of recommendation, alumni relations, etc.

Or as Harvard once said: 90% of their applicants are academically qualified to attend, but they only have room for 5%. So they get to be choosy.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity