right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

The "Bag A Week" Club

Replies to: The "Bag A Week" Club

• sevmomsevmom 8347 replies53 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Glad it is going well. Your son in law sounds like a saint!
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3002 replies45 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    You’re doing a great job! It’s so difficult when one person keeps undoing the other person’s progress.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38604 replies465 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @swimcatsmom - high five and kudos.
    · Reply · Share
  • collage1collage1 1700 replies70 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    You are doing a great job, @swimcatsmom.
    · Reply · Share
  • VeryHappyVeryHappy 18424 replies324 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Kept the space clear for several years till garage door broke (H doesn't like to pay people to fix stuff).

What would happen if you just took it upon yourself to call someone?
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 592 replies1 postsRegistered User Member
    Purging a bunch of tops I don't wear. Bought some of them in moments I thought I'd wear something other than black or gray. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • bearcatfanbearcatfan 1142 replies12 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @HouseChatte I have a boring black closet, lol. I've gotten into patterns on top, black on the bottom and then a light sweater.
    · Reply · Share
  • psychmommapsychmomma 3002 replies45 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    One giant bag of garbage and one giant bag to donate. My home office space looks so much better, I almost won't mind going in there.
    · Reply · Share
    Just returned from a short ski trip which prompted me to drag the two bins of ski items we have into the house. Filled up most of a bag with things none of us will ever wear again. Once things are cleaned and ready to go back in, I will fold them MK style and (hopefully) they'll be much better organized.
    · Reply · Share
  • WellspringWellspring 1491 replies9 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I was looking through my grown up coloring books. There are some that I will not color in again because I didn't love the pictures. Like a Charles Wysocki book. I did like two of them and that was enough. So, toss them or give them to a thrift store? There are plenty of pages left to color, but two or three have already been colored. I kind of think people who like to color might not care that the book isn't pristine but I don't know. So, donate or toss?
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 19
    Donate.

DH buys "used" crossword puzzle books from eBay for just a couple of bucks. Usually one or two puzzles have been started but the rest of the book is fine.
    edited April 19
    · Reply · Share
    That is excellent news.

I refer to this as the Tom Sawyer effect. (Remember when Tom started painting the white picket fence and then got everyone else to do it for him?)
    · Reply · Share
    Boxed up enough Eileen Fisher pieces that I don't wear for their Renew program to be worth the postage. My drawers are breathing again.
    · Reply · Share
    So great to hear about the family member participation!
    · Reply · Share
    The friend who's hosting Passover seder tonight and I were texting and she asked if I had any colored cloth napkins she could borrow. That led me to open up my cabinet with all my table linens...I don't think I've sorted through everything in there since I've had an empty next. Definitely don't need 3 hanukah runners, cloths that no longer match my dining room since we changed the carpet, etc. Already have 1/2 bag to pass along and not even done yet.

@swimcatsmom, huge congrats on getting your h to change his mindset and not only stop hindering but even supporting your efforts!!
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12783 replies167 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    @collage1 -- Kudos... for me such things are hard to part with. I would remember the runners and the meals they decorated and think "one of my kids might want it...."
    · Reply · Share