right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

UCSD Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

Replies to: UCSD Fall 2019 Transfer Thread

• IBkidonthestreetIBkidonthestreet 117 replies5 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 122 Junior Member
    @Tiredwaiting2019 where did you hear about the orientation? I'm also in Roosevelt but I've only received a greeting email from the college.
    · Reply · Share
  • Tiredwaiting2019Tiredwaiting2019 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    I found it on the college website http://roosevelt.ucsd.edu/ and then Student Life at the top and the New Student Orientation.
    · Reply · Share
  • selfconfidentgalselfconfidentgal 128 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 129 Junior Member
    @ucdochopeful2k19 Hey! I'm currently a second year at UCR, but I will be transferring to UCSD this fall. If you have any questions about the school/location in general, I'd be happy to help!
    · Reply · Share
  • CAtransplantCAtransplant 521 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 533 Member
    edited April 30
    @Tsumugukihara yes there have been rejections - on Friday April 26 around 4 p.m the decisions came out and people were posting quickly but I am sure I saw some rejections, and definitely some wait lists.

@Tiredwaiting2019 ok, thanks.
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share
  • TatianaFTatianaF 185 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 186 Junior Member
    ....theres a badge?....looks like mine was either taken or fallen out in the mailing process. Ugh
    · Reply · Share
  • CAtransplantCAtransplant 521 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 533 Member
    edited April 30
    the badge is just a little plastic thing in the blue and yellow colors the size that would fit in a sleeve you hang from a lanyard. My daughters was kind of affixed to the inside of the envelope so it kind of blends in with the envelope. It has a crown shape on the top and says I'm a Triton.
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share
  • sagaciousforeversagaciousforever 886 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 886 Member
    Does anyone has an UCSD admission email address (for admitted students preferably) that I can contact? I want to email them regarding missing prereqs. I got admitted without finishing all the prereqs.

I sent an email to [email protected] yesterday and have not gotten any response yet.

Thanks!
    · Reply · Share
  • Tiredwaiting2019Tiredwaiting2019 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @sagaciousforever I would call the Admissions office and speak to someone directly either or ask them for an email address that you can send your question to.
    · Reply · Share
  • sagaciousforeversagaciousforever 886 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 886 Member
    edited April 30
    @Tiredwaiting2019 Thanks you!

I just realized that you responded me previously but I did not notice since there were too many messages and notifications.
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share
  • anthro101anthro101 54 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    bad news. just called the scholarship office and the guy say they don’t have enough funding this year for transfer regent scholarships :(
    · Reply · Share
  • Destined00Destined00 11 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @anthro101 wow. They still should have handed them out even if they only gave you the benefits and no money.
    · Reply · Share
  • ScoobybrewScoobybrew 146 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    anyone a bit confused as to how to get your summer classes under way? I accepted, paid, and created my triton link checklist.... only to find out you can't do anything on the check list for quite some time by the looks of things. Can't send in transcripts yet, can't confirm prereqs from them, can't complete the 'alcohol awareness' survey or what ever it is until available in 1-2 months... (takes sip of beer)😆 ....can't complete the "we are tritons program" since it isn't available yet..... and everything else is irrelevant to enrolling in classes. This school wants proactive "go getters".....well scooby wants to go get.... yet there's nothing for scooby to get?
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 30
    @Scoobybrew I am also a bit confused at this point. UCSD accepted me and I did not complete all the prereqs (the second english class). Maybe UCSD is more lenient on me since I am transferring from a 4-year university instead of a CC?

I sent an email to [email protected] asking about missing prereqs yesterday and have not gotten any response yet.

I just want to make sure if UCSD allows me to take any missing prereqs at UCSD in Fall 2019. The contract states that I have to complete all prereqs by Spring 2019 but my Spring 2019 is over.

Also, UCSD knew that I was missing prereqs and I could not get it/them done by Spring 2019 before they offered me for an acceptance letter.
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share
  • ScoobybrewScoobybrew 146 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    @sagaciousforever I have heard from my colleges transfer counselors that if it's 1 class and not a mandatory pre req It probably wouldn't affect my admission. I didn't want to chance it and took an accelerated course over christmas break to fit everything in. However since you are already accepted, maybe that means it's okay to take it over Summer. BUT DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT.
    · Reply · Share
    edited April 30
    @Scoobybrew It's okay to take it/them in summer for sure. Otherwise, they would have rejected me in the first place. They knew I could not complete it/them by Spring 2019 but still offered me admission.

The problem is I am not even sure if there are other prereqs that I am missing other than the second english class. Also, I am not sure if I can take it/them at UCSD in Fall 2019. I don't want to take it/them during the summer because I have many other plans.
    edited April 30
    · Reply · Share