right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Private companies/ organizations that offer full ride scholar for international students?

SalpizzaSalpizza 0 replies1 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1 New Member
Good Morning, I am an Italian student who is willing to apply to college in the US (for a bachelor) with Fall 2020 as starting term.
I have been digging around for a while, I found schools that offer full ride scholarships for international students. However, my concern is that once accepted I might not get the scholarship that I tremendously need, and so I wouldn't be able to enroll.
( I already looked at colleges that offer financial aid, with need-blind/aware admission. But those are really hard to get in, so I wanted to have safety schools and try to finance my education looking for scholarships by myself so that I could go to a "normal school").

the question is: are there any companies or agencies that offfer full ride scholaships and consider international students eligible?

(My government does not have any partnership with any university, nor offer scholarships for undergraduate studies.)

Thank you so much for all your help!
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Private companies/ organizations that offer full ride scholar for international students?

• austinmshauriaustinmshauri 8573 replies315 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,888 Senior Member
    the question is: are there any companies or agencies that offfer full ride scholaships and consider international students eligible?

Most US companies don't offer college aid, and those that do offer very little. The ones I know of generally require the recipient to have worked for the company for a specific period of time, so you wouldn't be eligible.

The best aid comes from the colleges themselves. If your stats are competitive apply and see what happens. But your safety schools will be in Italy, not the US. Make sure you have some on your list.
    · Reply · Share
  • cptofthehousecptofthehouse 28357 replies56 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 28,413 Senior Member
    Yes, there are such companies with such programs. Very difficult to get the jobs with those benefits, there are conditions, sometimes very restrictive conditions. In addition, many college benefits not applicable to international students. You have to check it out.

One of the easiest to get is Starbucks. They’ll help pay for any qualified employee’s undergrad degree from Arizona State’s. on line program. You can look up how it works.

If you get a job with a college, it is possible that it offers free tuition for its courses. A relative took a job at Drexel specifically to get the benefit for her kids. I know someone who worked for Pitt for the same. My father’s college planning revolved around the college benefits he got for his kid.

It’s exceedingly rare you get full tuition remission at any school. You have to be working as you go to school. You often have to put up some of the upfront cost, often the whole thing and get reimbursed-benefit pl.

You can google for tuition reimbursement plans or the like and see what companies come up with a hit. Things can change quickly so you have to verify if the info is up to date and if it pertains to you.
    · Reply · Share
  • b@r!um[email protected]!um 10215 replies175 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 10,390 Senior Member
    cptofthehouse outlined the way in which some US companies offer education benefits - they offer tuition subsidies to their current employees, or sometimes to the dependents of current employees. Alas, that's not an option for your as an international student because you are not allowed to work in the US.

The US government has some tuition-relief programs that rely on a work commitment after graduation (e.g. an ROTC scholarship if you commit to military service after college, or student loan forgiveness for people working in public-sector jobs), but you are not eligible for those as an international student either.

As austinmshauri said, your best bet is college-administered scholarships and financial aid. You might find small scholarships from private organizations (like a $200 essay contest) that are open to you, but you should focus your efforts on university-administered aid first and foremost.

Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 29403 replies170 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 29,573 Senior Member
    "However, my concern is that once accepted I might not get the scholarship that I tremendously need, and so I wouldn't be able to enroll."

You will apply for financial aid and scholarships at the same time as you apply for admission. If you are accepted for admission, you will learn about your financial aid package and scholarships at the same time as you learn that you were accepted.

You might be accepted without any aid, and not be able to attend.
    · Reply · Share