right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• jym626jym626 54943 replies2852 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57,795 Senior Member
    Congrats, @daylily1 ! Any particular diet regimen?
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2919 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,963 Senior Member
    Really happy for you @daylily1!
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 522 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 522 Member
    @greenbutton I like what @lookingforward posted about -- I think your family needs a minder for MOB. Someone dispassionate who can smile, nod, listen to her negativity, and gently steer her to someplace where her detonations do less harm. An alcove? A garden? A nearby bowling alley? All right, not that last one. But MOB sounds like a job and a half, and the rest of you have happy things to handle. I feel for all of you, especially FDIL.
    · Reply · Share
  • fretfulmotherfretfulmother 1926 replies45 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,971 Senior Member
    @sevmom @mominva @Singersmom07 @daylily1 thank you!! :)

I did think both of the "something new" and also then thought not to bug about that, yes!!
    · Reply · Share
  • snowballsnowball 2683 replies242 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,925 Senior Member
    @greenbutton I agree a minder is needed. Can I assume this is typical behavior of MOB? If so, maybe the family has had to deal with this in the past? Maybe your son can gently take to his bride to be and come up with a solution. While your DIL to be is worried about her mother's behavior, it is still her mother and she may not want to rock the boat.

Hopefully MOB will behave and the wedding will go off without a hitch. I can not imagine having to deal with someone like this on ones wedding day. My daughter had a bridesmaid's date that could have been a potential issue during her wedding that cause her stress prior to the wedding. The other bridesmaids were on top of this and made sure he didn't create a scene.
    · Reply · Share
  • sevmomsevmom 8317 replies53 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,370 Senior Member
    edited May 26
    @fretfulmother She may surprise you and be the one to bring that up! Oh, I can wear these for the wedding. The earrings sound lovely!
    edited May 26
    · Reply · Share
  • mom60mom60 7749 replies501 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,250 Senior Member
    @daylily1 that is my D’s wedding day too. I’m hoping for sunny weather and little rain in the next two weeks. Her preferred ceremony spot won’t happen unless the field dries out.
    @greenbutton my friend had a similar problem with the Dad of the groom. The groom had a couple of cousins who agreed to keep an eye on the Dad and quietly remove him if he got out of hand. The Dad ended up being on good behavior for the entire weekend. I hope for the same for your S and DIL. Maybe MOB will have other family and friends in attendance who she won’t want to embarrass herself in front of and will be nice.
    · Reply · Share
  • kelsmomkelsmom 15450 replies98 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15,548 Senior Member
    Please, please don't worry about those 10 pounds ... don't obsess about them if they are still there when the big day comes.
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @jym626 I lost some on my own and then joined Noom. I think this is the healthiest, nongimicky way I've ever lost weight. I think I can see myself keeping it off this time.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 54943 replies2852 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57,795 Senior Member
    Congrats! Ive seen the noom ads on fbk and I think someone here asked about it.Will look into it.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2919 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,963 Senior Member
    ^^^Sounds like everything is coming together for a perfect day!
    · Reply · Share
  • travelnuttravelnut 1945 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,960 Senior Member
    All the best, @powercropper. Take in those special moments.
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @powercropper hoping for a wonderful day!
    · Reply · Share
    Is anyone doing gift bags for out-of-town guests? What did you put in them? If you've received one, what was good to have?
    · Reply · Share
  • runnersmomrunnersmom 2140 replies36 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,176 Senior Member
    @daylily1, gift bags have been discussed in depth on this thread so you might be able to search for those posts. In our case, I made gift boxes that were in all the guest rooms at the hotel. Some goodies that my guests enjoyed were customized m&ms, subway maps, water, favorite snacks of the bride and groom, and a mini-emergency kit (Advil, safety pins, band-aids etc.). They can be simple or elaborate, depending on your budget and patience, but our guests did comment on how much they appreciated this little touch.
    · Reply · Share