right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• kelsmomkelsmom 15447 replies98 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 15,545 Senior Member
    Please, please don't worry about those 10 pounds ... don't obsess about them if they are still there when the big day comes.
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @jym626 I lost some on my own and then joined Noom. I think this is the healthiest, nongimicky way I've ever lost weight. I think I can see myself keeping it off this time.
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 54938 replies2852 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 57,790 Senior Member
    Congrats! Ive seen the noom ads on fbk and I think someone here asked about it.Will look into it.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 2919 replies44 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,963 Senior Member
    ^^^Sounds like everything is coming together for a perfect day!
    · Reply · Share
  • travelnuttravelnut 1945 replies15 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,960 Senior Member
    All the best, @powercropper. Take in those special moments.
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    @powercropper hoping for a wonderful day!
    · Reply · Share
    Is anyone doing gift bags for out-of-town guests? What did you put in them? If you've received one, what was good to have?
    · Reply · Share
  • runnersmomrunnersmom 2140 replies36 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,176 Senior Member
    @daylily1, gift bags have been discussed in depth on this thread so you might be able to search for those posts. In our case, I made gift boxes that were in all the guest rooms at the hotel. Some goodies that my guests enjoyed were customized m&ms, subway maps, water, favorite snacks of the bride and groom, and a mini-emergency kit (Advil, safety pins, band-aids etc.). They can be simple or elaborate, depending on your budget and patience, but our guests did comment on how much they appreciated this little touch.
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22783 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,072 Senior Member
    edited May 30
    @rom828 - I am divorced also. My kid didn't want to invite their dad's SO to the wedding and he wasn't too happy about it. I was concerned it would be awkward, but both of us walked her down the aisle, everyone was on their best behavior and everything went off without any drama. I did everything I could to be pleasant, which included keeping any negativity out whenever I had to interact with my ex because it was all about my D that weekend. I think if your ex were to come, mostly likely he will behave and be there for your daughter. I was very apprehensive before the wedding, so I know how you feel.
    edited May 30
    · Reply · Share
  • rom828rom828 1476 replies42 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,518 Senior Member
    Thank you @oldfort. I followed your story and all others where parents behaviors are uncertain. It’s my S who is getting married and is inviting his dad with few expectations. I can only hope that he comes and it’s a non event. I would have never guessed I’d have this concern. People do change.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarianMarian 13172 replies83 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,255 Senior Member
    That's hysterical, @doschicos. Thanks for sharing it.
    · Reply · Share