right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• oldfortoldfort 23511 replies308 threads Senior Member
    edited May 2019
    @rom828 - I am divorced also. My kid didn't want to invite their dad's SO to the wedding and he wasn't too happy about it. I was concerned it would be awkward, but both of us walked her down the aisle, everyone was on their best behavior and everything went off without any drama. I did everything I could to be pleasant, which included keeping any negativity out whenever I had to interact with my ex because it was all about my D that weekend. I think if your ex were to come, mostly likely he will behave and be there for your daughter. I was very apprehensive before the wedding, so I know how you feel.
    edited May 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • rom828rom828 1476 replies42 threads Senior Member
    Thank you @oldfort. I followed your story and all others where parents behaviors are uncertain. It’s my S who is getting married and is inviting his dad with few expectations. I can only hope that he comes and it’s a non event. I would have never guessed I’d have this concern. People do change.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarianMarian 13230 replies83 threads Senior Member
    That's hysterical, @doschicos. Thanks for sharing it.
    · Reply · Share
  • momjrmomjr 2198 replies8 threads Senior Member
    I'm glad things are going well so far, @powercropper. I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.
    · Reply · Share
  • taskmstrxtaskmstrx 131 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @doschicos - thanks for the laugh
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 48 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Good luck and weather to all of today's weddings!
    · Reply · Share
  • stradmomstradmom 5237 replies51 threads Senior Member
    Wedding in less than a month. I am determined that our next phone call focuses on positive thoughts, other activities, and never even once brings up that recurring point of contention.

Also, feeling like a failure for the lack of weight loss.
    · Reply · Share
  • bookwormbookworm 9295 replies74 threads Senior Member
    Power cropper, I’m so happy all went even better than expected.

I have no idea about the cake, other than to wrap it a few times and put in 2 freezer bags.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 78507 replies3537 threads Senior Member
    @powercropper it sounds wonderful.

We have the top layer of the cake in a Tupperware container in our freezer. I’m quite sure it’s going to be fine whenDD and SIL get here at the same time...in July...to have it. Ours is a square container...about 8x8 and about 6 inches high.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 1289 replies2 threads Senior Member
    @powercropper congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 1289 replies2 threads Senior Member
    @stradmom be kind to yourself :smile:
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 35421 replies399 threads Senior Member
    Agree you need to wrap the cake tight and use bags. You don't want moisture to accumulate on the cake.
    · Reply · Share
  • downtoearthdowntoearth 3415 replies19 threads Senior Member
    congratulations power cropper m so glad you enjoyed it and it all went so well!!!
    D shower was today. I planned it and was nervous but the bridesmaids and MOG really helped. It was lovely. People told me I should do event planning. I would have done a few things differently ,but overall it was great.
    Ordered invites today.
    I too wish I lost more weight
    I broke a toe yesterday. Ugh. Only dark spot.
    · Reply · Share