right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

Replies to: 2016 and beyond wedding moms and dads

• oldfortoldfort 22799 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,088 Senior Member
    edited May 30
    @rom828 - I am divorced also. My kid didn't want to invite their dad's SO to the wedding and he wasn't too happy about it. I was concerned it would be awkward, but both of us walked her down the aisle, everyone was on their best behavior and everything went off without any drama. I did everything I could to be pleasant, which included keeping any negativity out whenever I had to interact with my ex because it was all about my D that weekend. I think if your ex were to come, mostly likely he will behave and be there for your daughter. I was very apprehensive before the wedding, so I know how you feel.
    edited May 30
    · Reply · Share
  • rom828rom828 1476 replies42 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,518 Senior Member
    Thank you @oldfort. I followed your story and all others where parents behaviors are uncertain. It’s my S who is getting married and is inviting his dad with few expectations. I can only hope that he comes and it’s a non event. I would have never guessed I’d have this concern. People do change.
    · Reply · Share
  • MarianMarian 13174 replies83 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 13,257 Senior Member
    That's hysterical, @doschicos. Thanks for sharing it.
    · Reply · Share
  • momjrmomjr 2187 replies8 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,195 Senior Member
    I'm glad things are going well so far, @powercropper. I hope you enjoy a wonderful weekend.
    · Reply · Share
  • taskmstrxtaskmstrx 123 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 123 Junior Member
    @doschicos - thanks for the laugh
    · Reply · Share
  • daylily1daylily1 25 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
    Good luck and weather to all of today's weddings!
    · Reply · Share
  • stradmomstradmom 4962 replies50 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,012 Senior Member
    Wedding in less than a month. I am determined that our next phone call focuses on positive thoughts, other activities, and never even once brings up that recurring point of contention.

Also, feeling like a failure for the lack of weight loss.
    · Reply · Share
  • bookwormbookworm 8768 replies72 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 8,840 Senior Member
    Power cropper, I’m so happy all went even better than expected.

I have no idea about the cake, other than to wrap it a few times and put in 2 freezer bags.
    · Reply · Share
  • thumper1thumper1 73335 replies3190 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 76,525 Senior Member
    @powercropper it sounds wonderful.

We have the top layer of the cake in a Tupperware container in our freezer. I’m quite sure it’s going to be fine whenDD and SIL get here at the same time...in July...to have it. Ours is a square container...about 8x8 and about 6 inches high.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 528 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 528 Member
    @powercropper congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 528 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 528 Member
    @stradmom be kind to yourself :smile:
    · Reply · Share
  • lookingforwardlookingforward 32762 replies350 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 33,112 Senior Member
    Agree you need to wrap the cake tight and use bags. You don't want moisture to accumulate on the cake.
    · Reply · Share
  • downtoearthdowntoearth 3373 replies19 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,392 Senior Member
    congratulations power cropper m so glad you enjoyed it and it all went so well!!!
    D shower was today. I planned it and was nervous but the bridesmaids and MOG really helped. It was lovely. People told me I should do event planning. I would have done a few things differently ,but overall it was great.
    Ordered invites today.
    I too wish I lost more weight
    I broke a toe yesterday. Ugh. Only dark spot.
    · Reply · Share