right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Scripps National Spelling Bee - wowza!!

HoggirlHoggirl 1589 replies193 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,782 Senior Member
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scripps National Spelling Bee - wowza!!

• Mom2jlMom2jl 662 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 668 Member
    I missed it this year, but that is unbelievable!
    · Reply · Share
  • shellfellshellfell 3249 replies11 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,260 Senior Member
    DH couldn't believe I stayed up to watch. It probably could've gone on for hours more if they didn't decide to end it at 20 rounds regardless of how many were left. I felt sorry for those kids - the semis went on for over 5 hours earlier in the day so they were obviously exhausted.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaryBarbara58MaryBarbara58 126 replies2 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 128 Junior Member
    I was praying that all 8 would make it through once they announced that there were only three more rounds. I loved their different styles - from the calm boy with his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, to the solemn boy who burst out laughing when he "vomited" into the microphone. My husband just showed me a clip from one of the morning shows where all eight tried to spell the host's first name (Alisyn!) - cute!
    · Reply · Share
  • HoggirlHoggirl 1589 replies193 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,782 Senior Member
    I think playing poker would be ill-advised for Erin! She was clearly always so excited and relived when she got a word she knew! I fear she would do the same with a good poker hand!
    · Reply · Share
  • bhs1978bhs1978 665 replies12 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 677 Member
    I loved that they all had personalities. I’ve watched where all the spellers were so serious no personalities shined through. Their personalities combined with cheering for each other was phenomenal.
    · Reply · Share