right arrow
PARENTS4PARENTS is a new initiative aimed at highlighting the vast expertise of our parents community while helping other parents better navigate the college admissions process. aggies1989 is a UC alumnus and parent of two UC college kids. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: fintech3753 is a current student at the Wharton School. Majoring in finance, he is hoping to pursue a career at the intersection of finance and technology. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Scripps National Spelling Bee - wowza!!

HoggirlHoggirl 2137 replies215 threads Senior Member
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Scripps National Spelling Bee - wowza!!

• Mom2jlMom2jl 707 replies6 threads Member
    I missed it this year, but that is unbelievable!
    · Reply · Share
  • shellfellshellfell 3827 replies12 threads Senior Member
    DH couldn't believe I stayed up to watch. It probably could've gone on for hours more if they didn't decide to end it at 20 rounds regardless of how many were left. I felt sorry for those kids - the semis went on for over 5 hours earlier in the day so they were obviously exhausted.
    · Reply · Share
  • MaryBarbara58MaryBarbara58 204 replies3 threads Junior Member
    I was praying that all 8 would make it through once they announced that there were only three more rounds. I loved their different styles - from the calm boy with his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, to the solemn boy who burst out laughing when he "vomited" into the microphone. My husband just showed me a clip from one of the morning shows where all eight tried to spell the host's first name (Alisyn!) - cute!
    · Reply · Share
  • HoggirlHoggirl 2137 replies215 threads Senior Member
    I think playing poker would be ill-advised for Erin! She was clearly always so excited and relived when she got a word she knew! I fear she would do the same with a good poker hand!
    · Reply · Share
  • bhs1978bhs1978 700 replies12 threads Member
    I loved that they all had personalities. I’ve watched where all the spellers were so serious no personalities shined through. Their personalities combined with cheering for each other was phenomenal.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity