right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Georgetown Acceptance - School vs Major

CSoccer6CSoccer6 7 replies4 postsRegistered User New Member
edited June 10 in Georgetown University
Yes, I know this is a basic question, sorry all! I googled it and could not find an answer. Does Georgetown accept by school or by Major?

I can’t decide whether to apply as a biochemistry major or to choose “biology, bio of global health, environmental bio, neurobiology”.
Please help!
edited June 10
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Georgetown Acceptance - School vs Major

• masquerade98masquerade98 566 replies7 postsRegistered User Member
    When you apply, they'll ask you to choose a school within Georgetown to apply to, and that's what you'll be accepted into, if you are accepted. You can't rank secondary choices, but it is possible to transfer to a different school if you later decide to do so. You likely won't declare a major until sophomore year anyway, so they don't put much emphasis on that.
    · Reply · Share
  • dzleprechaundzleprechaun 822 replies3 postsRegistered User Member
    You are admitted to one of the four schools. Within the College specifically, there are three separate admissions committees: Math & Science, the Faculty of Languages and Linguistics, and then everyone else
    · Reply · Share
  • Ez2020Ez2020 2 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    edited June 24
    I am looking into the Fu Foundation School of engineering and Applied Science which is 3 years at Georgetown with a BA and then 2 years at Columbia for a BS in engineering. You do not apply for this program until your second year at Georgetown. So would I intially apply to Georgetown College? The other three didn't seem to fit for a BA
    edited June 24
    · Reply · Share