right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ski_racer, a high-achiever in high school, was rejected by some of the elite schools she applied to. This rejection was the best thing that happened to her as she got to choose her own path. Learn how she fell in love with her safety school, ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our August Checklist for HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Parents or my email on application

wildflower2019wildflower2019 13 replies6 threads Junior Member
I’m applying to Exeter and I’m wondering weather to put my email or my parents. What should I do?
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Parents or my email on application

• YoungThriverYoungThriver 468 replies45 threads Member
    Your email, unless it specifically asks for your parents’.
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 178 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Your email unless it specifies otherwise.
    · Reply · Share
  • DecYetDecYet 18 replies2 threads Junior Member
    I think using your own email shows independence and maturity. Just make sure that you check it regularly! You want to be prompt in your replies.
    · Reply · Share
  • QueenXQueenX 13 replies7 threads Junior Member
    Your email for sure
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 24952 replies20 threads Senior Member
    You can start a new email only for applications. You can use it now for prep school and later for colleges. It keeps everything together.

Your parents can have access too. You can pick a nice screen name too, something appropriate for the schools, now and in the future.
    · Reply · Share
  • MoonKnightMoonKnight 377 replies9 threads Member
    edited July 2019
    Use your email. Try to choose a professional sounding email. If it doesn't sound professional, then create a new one and share the password with your parents if you want them to access it to.
    edited July 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 1659 replies24 threads Senior Member
    It was our experience that the schools wanted both the student’s email and the parent’s email for applications. Agree with above - have your dedicated email for applications. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • hadesinquisitorhadesinquisitor 30 replies3 threads Junior Member
    absolutely your email/contact info. Exclusively if possible.
    · Reply · Share
  • dogsmama1997dogsmama1997 481 replies30 threads Member
    Have to say I disagree that it matters as much as people think it does. Put whichever email is most likely to be checked frequently and responded to. I used mine (the parent) and it worked out just fine.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity