right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Parents of the HS Class of 2019

1122112221223122412251227»

Replies to: Parents of the HS Class of 2019

• payn4wardpayn4ward 3166 replies13 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,179 Senior Member
    Hello all, I have been away for a long time. All is well.
    I do not like this new view of CC page.. I may have to resort to a Text only browser..
    I wanted to send DS19's AP scores to the college but was away for so long from college stuff, so I forgot both his CB username and password (that I created when he was 6 or 7th grade.) LoL
    He got 4's and 5's and is bummed that only 5's will get him credits. oh, well.
    The class registration was crazy. He got up at 5:30am our time to be ready to hit the registration button at 7AM EST. The college website went down as apparently hundreds of students did the same. After a few retries, he managed to register all the classes he wanted: Calculus 3, Applied Chemistry, Physics 1, Heart, and some Labs.
    We do not hear about the dorm decision till the end of the month. He wants a single, but we will have to see.
    Last month, DS19 traveled to Tokyo for a week. He flew on his own and met up with his school friends.
    I took a trip to Turkey and Greece with friends and loved it.
    We will have to start gathering stuff for his move in August 23/24th. DS17 decided to stay home and commute to school for next year so that is a bummer for me. :-O We/he will save quite a bit of $$.
    Hope everyone's summer is going great.
    · Reply · Share
  • ParentMom4ParentMom4 13 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 16 Junior Member
    Congratulations!
    · Reply · Share
  • SJ2727SJ2727 1704 replies6 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,710 Senior Member
    @Vineyarder congrats on coming home and great results!
    @Britmom5 - LOL! I guess the universe has a way of keeping some twins together!

· Reply · Share
  • juststaycooljuststaycool 73 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 73 Junior Member
    Hi @peachActuary73, it sounds like your daughter may have been sorted into the same residential college at Rice as my son. He found out this week he is in Weiss!
    · Reply · Share
  • peachActuary73peachActuary73 392 replies0 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 392 Member
    @juststaycool She landed in Duncan. She wanted a more historical college, but she's fine. She decided to let me know this morning that their house colors are green and gold. My response "gross". Eagerly awaiting roomie info.
    · Reply · Share
  • homerdoghomerdog 4690 replies86 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 4,776 Senior Member
    Did anyone take the July ACT? D21 did not but I’m a tutor and had two students take it. Both thought the science and reading sections were a little harder than they expected. All prepped with real ACT tests and has been doing well so I was surprised. Just wondering if anyone’s kids here had any feedback!
    · Reply · Share