right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Time for a new home?

Replies to: Time for a new home?

• lookingforwardlookingforward 34187 replies378 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    So is the idea to be parents only? So, only be chatting amongst ourselves on topcs of interest to us? That could include college admissions, I guess. But I'm not on CC just for the Parent Cafe, have never clicked on it specifically, and don't find it 100% always "intelligent conversations."

I can't imagine it just being degreed parents, either.
    · Reply · Share
  • mominvamominva 3048 replies36 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @BunsenBurner, no, that is not our Carolyn - different last name.
    · Reply · Share
  • CTTCCTTC 2176 replies132 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'm interested.
    · Reply · Share
  • JustaMom5465JustaMom5465 1593 replies81 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Count me in! I rarely visit anything but the Cafe these days....I just find the posters and discussions entertaining, educated, civil, and the topics are (usually) interesting!
    · Reply · Share
  • rockymtnhigh2rockymtnhigh2 260 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    edited July 12
    While I am not happy with this change, or the last one, I'm not having extreme trouble with the sight. Maybe the different operating systems are showing up differently. Also, It seems that the intentionally annoying posters are gone?
    edited July 12
    · Reply · Share
  • b1ggreencab1ggreenca 540 replies11 threadsRegistered User Member
    I would agree to move as well. I find that since my kids have graduated college, it doesn't serve any purpose for me to have to wade through CC to find the forum that I'm really interested in, which is this one.
    · Reply · Share
  • katliamomkatliamom 12812 replies167 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Count me in! I hate this format (for one, it's spectacularly un-intuitive and I can't find anything) and I've abandoned reading it with the sole exception of the Cafe.
    · Reply · Share
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird 3280 replies229 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 12
    ProBoards are great. I'm on a forum that regrouped there when AOL shut down message boards. Long, long time.
    Edited to add that I do not read on my phone, only on my laptop.
    edited July 12
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19360 replies860 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I hear so many people complaining about finding the cafe and such. I just keep a tab open to the Parent Cafe so all I have to do is refresh. Or create a bookmark page on my phone to go directly to it.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7282 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    How do you bookmark a whole forum? That would be super helpful!
    · Reply · Share
    I just bookmark this page: https://talk.collegeconfidential.com/parent-cafe/

Works on my iPhone, Mac and work PC.
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7282 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Ah, bookmark not on CC but actually on your device?
    · Reply · Share
    Yes! This is where I spend 99% of my time (except for now on the complaining about the format thread) so why not go directly here.
    · Reply · Share
  • FlyMeToTheMoonFlyMeToTheMoon 3018 replies45 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I do the same thing @abasket does.
    · Reply · Share
  • akmom124akmom124 481 replies7 threadsRegistered User Member
    Definitely yes!
    · Reply · Share
  • mathmommathmom 32381 replies159 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I bookmarked the cafe to my toolbar eons ago. I don't even remember how to do it, but it was easy!
    · Reply · Share
  • eyemamomeyemamom 5428 replies79 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I agree that this new format is not user friendly. What would concern me about a new place is the moderating. I could see scenarios where people could be bullied beyond belief if there wasn’t some sort of oversight.
    · Reply · Share
    Do we have bullies here in the cafe???
    · Reply · Share
  • mathmommathmom 32381 replies159 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    @abasket not for long CC is very tightly monitored. Just for example, debating is not allowed by TOS.
    · Reply · Share