right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Time for a new home?

Replies to: Time for a new home?

• mom2andmom2and 2857 replies19 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 17
    Agree eastcoast. I really like these forums and the usually respectful discussions on topics serious and fun (clothes, trips even TV shows!). I would hate to see folks go and hope there is a way to make the CC forums more readable for those having trouble. That being said, I would check out and participate in a new home and stay here as well.
    edited July 17
    · Reply · Share
  • showmom858showmom858 2923 replies16 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 17
    I'm with all of you and would welcome a new place too.
    edited July 17
    · Reply · Share
  • TaDahTaDah 12 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Longtime lurker here. I welcome a new location. This CC update is horrible. I mostly read on an Iphone and it is not manageable anymore.
    · Reply · Share
  • abasketabasket 19312 replies858 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    The alternative question is...what would it take people to STAY on CC??? Not trying to open a can of worms but I just wonder after a few weeks. I don't think anyone is in love with the current format, but maybe some have adjusted some....
    · Reply · Share
  • bajammbajamm 1648 replies19 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 17
    @abasket I have not really left and don't intend to completly. I have cut my time here way back primarily because it hurts my eyes to look at this more than a few minutes at a time.

I sit in a west facing chair facing a window that brings in the western sun. Even with the blinds drawn in the afternoon the light coming in around the blinds can bother my eyes if conditions are right. This layout with the western sun causes me to barely see for awhile if I am here too long.

The previous layout mixed with the western sun here did not have the same affect on my eyes.

I am choosing to spend a lot less time here instead of changing my seating arrangements. CC is not going to dictate the layout of my home.
    edited July 17
    · Reply · Share
  • CaMom13CaMom13 1866 replies12 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    ^ditto. Can't read without eye pain on any mobile device. I can read from my laptop but the format doesn't encourage me to linger and the lack of conversations (possibly due to summer lull but accentuated by a drop in regulars posting) has reduced my time here substantially. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise as I do have more time on my hands... but I'm looking forward to trying out a "new home".
    · Reply · Share
  • momofsenior1momofsenior1 7242 replies56 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I can't stand the site on my mobile and can't stay on more than 15 minutes tops. I'm now having trouble even on my computer with not being directed to the new posts in threads that I've already seen. But, I'm still managing OK on the computer and would probably pop on occasionally to answer questions.
    · Reply · Share
  • HImomHImom 34315 replies391 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    It’s really tough reading the new format on my iPhone—which is my major way or using CC. It’s all too spread out so takes a ton of scrolling to read. It was fine with prior format. :-(
    · Reply · Share
  • jym626jym626 55517 replies2894 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    Any update?
    · Reply · Share
  • swimcatsmomswimcatsmom 15838 replies346 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 26
    I'd be in. I'd be sad to move but parent cafe is the only forum I use in CC as my kids are long past college (well until my D starts her PhD in a couple of years and she has that well under control already without any interference from Mom). I mostly use either my cell or my kindle fire and it is soo hard to use with the new format so I am coming here less and less. I've hardly read let alone posted the last few weeks. Maybe that's a good thing but I'd sure miss the hive mind.
    HImom wrote: »
    It’s really tough reading the new format on my iPhone—which is my major way or using CC. It’s all too spread out so takes a ton of scrolling to read. It was fine with prior format. :-(

My exact problem. I have to scroll through so much white space to see anything then when I'm in a thread and scroll too fast, instead of taking me to the bottom of the page of that thread so I can go to the next page I somehow end up in the list of threads.

Maybe youngsters like the new format and the plan is to get rid of us old farts ;)
    edited July 26
    · Reply · Share
  • ChuckleDoodleChuckleDoodle 713 replies63 threadsRegistered User Member
    Hi everyone. Sorry, no updates yet. It has been a busy couple of weeks for me. Had to get my hubby out of rehab and home and dealing with his medical issues. I hope to have something worth looking at or talking about by 10 Aug 19.
    · Reply · Share
  • HouseChatteHouseChatte 693 replies1 threadsRegistered User Member
    @ChuckleDoodle thank you for updating, and wishing your husband health and comfort.
    · Reply · Share
  • VaBluebirdVaBluebird 3280 replies229 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 29
    It seems it would help an awful lot of people if they would just simply bold the font! Is that so difficult?
    I just used the contact feature to ask if they could do that. Maybe if all of us did this, they might listen.
    edited July 29
    · Reply · Share
  • yucca10yucca10 1253 replies37 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don't like the bolded font, it's way too thick. They need to change the font completely. This might require adjusting other parts of the design, so it might take them a while - assuming, of course, that they're willing to deal with this issue.
    · Reply · Share
  • Cardinal FangCardinal Fang 18300 replies157 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I'd try a new site, if someone made one, but I'm dubious. Setting up a community like this and moderating it is a lot of work. And that is why I wonder why CC made this change, which so many people including myself detest. Do they think the Parent Cafe is a loser? Are they intentionally trying to drive us away?
    · Reply · Share
  • rockymtnhigh2rockymtnhigh2 256 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    ^doubt it's that thought out
    · Reply · Share
  • oregon101oregon101 5504 replies136 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    ^LOL
    · Reply · Share