right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Parents or my email on application

wildflower2019wildflower2019 13 replies6 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
I’m applying to Exeter and I’m wondering weather to put my email or my parents. What should I do?
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Parents or my email on application

• YoungThriverYoungThriver 468 replies45 threadsRegistered User Member
    Your email, unless it specifically asks for your parents’.
    · Reply · Share
  • RedLionessRedLioness 89 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Your email unless it specifies otherwise.
    · Reply · Share
  • DecYetDecYet 14 replies2 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I think using your own email shows independence and maturity. Just make sure that you check it regularly! You want to be prompt in your replies.
    · Reply · Share
  • QueenXQueenX 4 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Your email for sure
    · Reply · Share
  • twoinanddonetwoinanddone 22703 replies15 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    You can start a new email only for applications. You can use it now for prep school and later for colleges. It keeps everything together.

Your parents can have access too. You can pick a nice screen name too, something appropriate for the schools, now and in the future.
    · Reply · Share
  • MoonKnightMoonKnight 377 replies9 threadsRegistered User Member
    edited July 2
    Use your email. Try to choose a professional sounding email. If it doesn't sound professional, then create a new one and share the password with your parents if you want them to access it to.
    edited July 2
    · Reply · Share
  • Golfgr8Golfgr8 1005 replies17 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    It was our experience that the schools wanted both the student’s email and the parent’s email for applications. Agree with above - have your dedicated email for applications. Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • hadesinquisitorhadesinquisitor 30 replies3 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    absolutely your email/contact info. Exclusively if possible.
    · Reply · Share
  • dogsmama1997dogsmama1997 437 replies29 threadsRegistered User Member
    Have to say I disagree that it matters as much as people think it does. Put whichever email is most likely to be checked frequently and responded to. I used mine (the parent) and it worked out just fine.
    · Reply · Share