right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Upcoming changes to the way we log in on College Confidential. Read more here.

Chance me ? Washu ED 1

NAel1234NAel1234 4 replies1 threads New Member
emailed,called campus visited and interviewed at washu
Gpa: 3.5
Act: 34
Classes: AP, IB, Honors
IB psychology: 6
NHS
Rec’s: 10/10
Major: Psychology
Extra curriculars:
Tennis(9-12): State champion doubles, team state champion, district winner (11) other good success in tennis

Speech: 7th place state , team state champion and runner up, 2nd place districts

Math: state team champion in PRobe 1

Acadec: State champion in interview and music, regional 3rd place winner

NOAH: intern at health clinic for 40 hrs a week, helped find relations and help sexually transmitted diseases

Mayors Youth advisory Council: president of youth board in advising directly with the mayor , attend city meetings

Quiz Bowl: national invite to national quiz bowl , state quarterfinalist
edited October 13
8 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me ? Washu ED 1

• Yall19ieYall19ie 17 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Essays should be a big factor to stand out. You are clearly quite a good student. Put immense focus on the essays and I doubt you will get anything worse than a deferral.
    · Reply · Share
  • HamurtleHamurtle 2624 replies35 threads Senior Member
    edited October 14
    The GPA will be low for WashU. The majority of applicants will be close to 4.0 UW. ACT is in range.

The demonstrated interest/ED might help. My son was accepted ED for Class of 2021 with a low UW (3.67) GPA so there might be a possibility with a 3.5/high ACT score.

Are you recruitable for tennis, even though WashU is Division 3 and does not have athletic scholarships?
    edited October 14
    · Reply · Share
  • NAel1234NAel1234 4 replies1 threads New Member
    My essays are going to be quite unique and I have showed plenty of demonstrated interest but i recognize the weakness of my gpa

I don't want to play college tennis but did receive recruitment

what are helpful things i can do to further my chances
    · Reply · Share
    So far the demonstrated interest does help.

Is your school a grade deflator or is there an explanation that a counselor could include?

Check Naviance or whatever system your school uses to track admissions/acceptances and see how your stats stack up against previously accepted students.
    · Reply · Share
    I have had severe disease and had to miss weeks of school regularly because of surgeries

How would I ask my counselor to add this ?
    · Reply · Share
    thank you for the feedback
    · Reply · Share
    Medical reasons are a mitigating circumstance and your counselor should include them in a LoR.
    · Reply · Share
    thank you so much i never thought i would find so much help on this site, i really appreciate it
    · Reply · Share