right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Pre-Screen Results list for class of 2024

Replies to: Pre-Screen Results list for class of 2024

• Jenny1993Jenny1993 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @chenggang, Thanks! Could you let me know once you hear from them? I wish we could hear from them soon.
    · Reply · Share
  • MTnervousmomMTnervousmom 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Submitted to Ithaca on 11/10 and received a pass this morning.
    · Reply · Share
    Still waiting on Oklahoma. CCM, and Illinois Wesleyan
    · Reply · Share
    I am going to assume that CCM is a no. We submitted in September and I know many people have heard yes. There have been no No's that I have heard, so they probably go out in one big email.
    · Reply · Share
  • theatrekidmomtheatrekidmom 43 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @NYYFanNowMTdad - I assumed the same thing last night when my S got the BOCO waitlist email.

We have been working with someone to help us through the audition process and when I gave her the update she said that this is their first year doing prescreen waitlists (Penn State too). she agreed that based on the email saying they will let you know by mid-Dec about a live audition, that the assumption they will wait to see who they know they won't offer spots to, then start inviting kids from the prescreen waitlist, is probably right. She is also guessing they may have been burned in the past by saying no to some prescreens and then had to offer spots to people that they may not have, had someone they previously said No to was still in the running.

I also know they said they had a record number of applicants this year - my S reached out to his admissions person a few weeks ago to followup about receipt of his transcripts and he told him they are backed up this year processing because of the volume.

Waiting another month does nothing for my anxiety - but I'll take that over a flat out no!!
    · Reply · Share
  • WDWMomWDWMom 106 replies4 threads Junior Member
    Here's a question....has anyone actually gotten a no from BOCO?
    · Reply · Share
    @WDWMom I haven't seen one personally, but during our conversation today, the coach I was speaking to said a lot of her clients have received Nos
    · Reply · Share
  • NYYFanNowMTdadNYYFanNowMTdad 413 replies1 threads Member
    PS I thought I said I was leaving this thread & heading to the venting thread LOL, but trying to be helpful......
    · Reply · Share
  • PNWdramaPNWdrama 40 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @NYYFanNowMTdad I am so glad you said that. I would encourage people on this thread to post the NO's as well. No one is here to judge - we are ALL in the same boat and will celebrate the yes's and commiserate the no's together. This process is not for the feint of heart, but I for one value the openness and honesty of everyone here.
    · Reply · Share
    YES!!! My S only applied to 3 schools requiring prescreens:
    Pace - Pass
    Coastal Carolina - No
    BOCO - Waitlisted

We celebrated the Pass, were at peace with the No (because he was accepted academically, so if he is shut out of a BFA program, he at least has a school to attend for a BA in Theater) and we hold hope in the waitlist!!

When speaking with my S's coach today, we were discussing his final audition schedule now that we have heard from everyone (with the exception of Wagner, but that isn't prescreen related so I did not lump it in with during our talk) and when CCU came up, she mentioned that she has heard of no one who had passed CCU, but by all accounts on this thread - my S is the only kid who didn't!!!

We are all in this together and we will survive!!
    · Reply · Share
    @theatrekidmom We have not heard from CCM either, so you're not alone!
    · Reply · Share
    For those who have auditioned at Baldwin Wallace already: Did you need to provide headshot and resume? Also, wondering if there were interview questions thrown in as part of the audition process and if so, what were the questions?
    · Reply · Share
  • rickle1rickle1 2240 replies18 threads Senior Member
    All I can say is don't try to read into anyone's results (looking for trends) as I don't think you can find them. Very random. Just in @Dance3Looks3 's post, we're matching and criss crossing. Who knows what they're looking for? I think Dance is hurting my D as that's way below her talent in acting / singing but who knows? Just hoping for one strong MT program admission so she can compare that to other acting programs.
    · Reply · Share
  • ElizaDoolittleElizaDoolittle 41 replies3 threads Junior Member
    @WDWMom, we didn't apply to BoCo, but know some others who did. I haven't heard of any outright no's among that group. Only a couple yes's and a number of waitlists. Not sure if that's helpful, but it's a datapoint.
    · Reply · Share
  • MTquest24MTquest24 40 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @chenggang For what it is worth we submitted end of October and heard from CCM -Pass three days after submitting via Email. U Mich also sent us a NO rather quickly lol via email like 10 days after actually and got the official No letter again via email today. The U Mich No came quickly, so I am thinking not hearing can only be a good thing at this point!! BAL!!
    · Reply · Share
  • lithpoollithpool 422 replies14 threads Member
    @theatrekidmom
    In case you're wondering about CCU BA Theatre students, we just went to CCU this past weekend for S's first production, which, believe it or not, as a freshman BFA MT, was in the play The Crucible. It was a truly amazing production, and Tituba was played by a BA Theatre student.
    · Reply · Share
  • NYDreammomNYDreammom 393 replies0 threads Member
    @theatrekidmom Just a word of general caution that things CAN fall through the cracks on the part of schools notifying on results/acceptances so if a lot of time has passed and if you’ve heard nothing feel free to inquire with the school. Happened to my D last year where Montclair “forgot” to notify her of her BFA Acting rejection and I found out through an apologetic email to ME, not even bothering to email her directly. At that point she didn’t care, hence I was the one inquiring just to get that closure. We got the infamous Montclair socks in the mail the next day (she had been academically accepted), lol.
    · Reply · Share